Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR v1.4 DAX Issue with Fldigi?

Ron K2RAS
Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

I just upgraded to SSDR v1.4 and noticed blank spaces in my FLDigi waterfall (see attached).  I thought the issue might be related to today's solar flares but the blanks do not seem to move as the VFO is changed.  I have not noticed this level of variability before.

Any ideas are welcome, Ron

K2RAS

imageimage

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Don't see that here, 
    What do other frequencies / bands look like.
    WX7Y

• Ron K2RAS
    Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I checked bands up to 15M and it appears on all bands.  Interestingly when I switch bands the artifacts stay in the same locations, so they are some attribute of the system not the frequency.  The bands move around over time as you can see in the images.

Ron
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Not sure what would cause this other then back in the day of the standard Sound card and or VAC when they were set to different bit rates ie: 41K versus 48K. 
    There are several write up's on this with the Flex 5k, 3K and VAC settings.

If FLDIGI or any other Sound card program that uses 8K it has a few issues working with the Windows standard of 41K and it was recommended to change window sound devices to 48K which can be divided by 8K with no remainder bit rate floating around.

This is just a guess but who know this may be your problem.

73's
    WX7Y

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This looks like the audio input levels are low and the display is signal starved.  I have been extensively testing the v1.4.0 (and all the previous alphas) with Fldigi and it has worked flawlessly.  I'll be posting a new set of RigCAT.xml files later this month that allows you to operate Slice B and Slice A independently at the same time using two instances of Fldigi.
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    That is what mine looks like when I forget to turn off DSP.
  • Ron K2RAS
    Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Robert, you were correct, DSP NR was on.  In the past NR did not seem to be 'sticky' and the setting seemed to generally turn itself off when turning the radio off.  Perhaps something changed in the 1.4 release.  Thanks for all the helpful comments.

Ron

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.