SSDR V 1.8.3 Update Problem

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved

I have a Flex 6300 and have been running SSDR 1.6.21 successfully for many months, and am able to drive my amp to full power.  I decided to upgrade to SSDR 1.8.3., which went successfully, but now when I use the amp, I get a short burst of full power and then it drops back to almost zero.  In TUNE mode it will drive to almost full power, but as soon as I stop tuning and try to operate, it drops back to a very small power.  If I don't use the amp, the 6300 seems to put out power normally, but only 75 watts max.  The input SWR on the amp is low, but I used the autotuner to make sure.

I subsequently dropped back to SSDR 1.6.21 and everything returned to normal, with full power out of the amp getting about 85 watts max from the 6300.  I notice that there was a "fix" which relates to cutting back power on adverse SWR, and I'm wondering if this is causing my problem.  I'd like to be able to upgrade.

Anyone else seeing this?

Paul - AA6Z

Photo of Paul Burton

Paul Burton

• 101 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9153 Posts
  • 3496 Reply Likes
In general, the 1.8.3 release for SmartSDR for Windows, CAT and DAX is very stable.  There have been a few reports of the SWR foldback affecting a few users (much less than 1%).  We are in the process of characterizing their problem reports.  It has been entered into our bug tracker as issue #3765.  

I would strongly recommend upgrading to 1.8.3 because the items it fixed are more global in nature that the few reports we have received regarding the SWR issue.  If you upgrade and have the SWR issue, I strongly recommend that you open a HelpDesk support ticket so we can characterize your issue.  And you can always easily and conveniently revert back to 1.7.30.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9153 Posts
  • 3496 Reply Likes
Official Response
This issue has been resolved in SmartSDR v1.8.4

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.