Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR screen problem with W10.

Rick Hadley - W0FG
Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Here's the only real problem I've had with Windows 10 and I'm looking for suggestions.  I run a 3 monitor, 2 video card setup.  The main SSDR monitor is an AOC E2725V 27", HDMI connected.  I've tried it on both the AMD Radeon and the Nvidia card and I still can't get SSDR to display the bottom 1/2-3/4" of the screen.  There's a gap there, as shown in the attached picture.  I've upgraded the drivers for both video cards and there doesn't appear to be a newer driver for the AOC monitor.  Any suggestions on how I can get my EQ panel to display properly??

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa159/rickhadley/IMG_20150822_101959_zpshldipysk.jpg

Comments

• N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    WHat resolution are you running?  I would try changing it to a standard like 1024x768 and see how it does then go from there. I have run three monitors with no problem and one was a USB monitor dongle.  I have moved away from that and now run a 32 inch.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Agree it's probably a resolution issue. I use 1920 x 1080 here very happily. 
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    edited January 2018
    I'm using the recommended 1920 X 1080 and it worked fine.  All other programs, even Stacks for Flex will fill the entire screen perfectly.  It's just SSDR that isn't doing it.  I did try a variety of lower resolutions but they don't work properly either.

• Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I believe it is just related to the native resolution of your screen. Mine does the same thing and it is 1366 X  768 on a laptop. I just don't run that other tile on the right unless it is needed.
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    edited January 2018
    Ross, did you have the same problem under earlier versions of Windows or is this something you're seeing since upgrading?  In my case, it's only shown up since the W10 upgrade and only affects SSDR.
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    The reason is you are using an Asian made monitor so the pixels are in metric. Being a U.S. Based company, Flex wrote the pixels in inches not millimeters. Buy a USA made screen, and you should be fine.

lolkek
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Had the same issue with Win 8.1. The laptop is a HP Envy model. Also use a desktop with dual displays and has always been correct.
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    ROTFLMAO
  • Gene - K3GC
    Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I have the same problem which I ignored until i Read your post.  I have 3 24" monitors and one 21".  All of them are set at the recommended 1920 X 1080.  The 24s are for radio and the 21 for general purpose.
    I moved SSDR over to the 21" monitor and it filled the screen as normal.  I then moved it back to the 24 AND IT FILLED THE SCREEN.  Go Figure.  
    Just to complete the confusion I restarted the PC and everything works as per normal.
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    edited January 2018
    Thanks.  I just gave that a try.  SSDR fills the screen on the 2 19" monitors, though I still am unable to see the full EQ panel without hiding one of the others.  Moving it back to the 27" still leaves the gap.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    It has to do with dynamic DPI scaling implemented in Win8 and greater.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.