Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR iOS with Spectrum internet and Smartlink

Burch - K4QXX
Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for iOS
I have an issue using SSDR iOS on my iPhone with Spectrum internet.  I can connect via Smartlink and it will run fine for about 5 minutes.  Then the audio and panadapter will just stop. If I hit the disconnect button and then reconnect, everything works fine for another 5 minutes and then it will stop again.  I have tried 4 different locations in the Tampabay area that have Spectrum and it does the same thing at all locations.  I work in IT and I have my own Spectrum internet connection in my office.  I am the only one who uses it.  It's 100 down, 10 up and it runs SSDR iOS perfect.....for 5 minutes.  If I use my Maestro, Windows SSDR or DogparkSDR on my Mac, everything works perfect.  It is only when I use the iOS SSDR app.  Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?  I am working in our Sarasota office today that uses Comcast for internet and the iOS app runs fine.

This Spectrum issue only occurs when using Smartlink.  If I connect my phone to my vpn and then run SSDR iOS, everything works fine.  That is my workaround right now so it's not really a big deal but I'd really like to figure out what is causing this.

Burch
K4QXX

Comments

• Mick
    Mick Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I might be switching to Spectrum, were you able to fix this issue?
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    No.  I still have the issue.  iOS unusable in this area via Smartlink remote using Spectrum as the remote wifi connection.  Works for 4-5 minutes and then just freezes.  Works fine on SSDR and Dogpark. iOS works fine via a VPN connection.  Just can't use Smartlink.
  • Mick
    Mick Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Having the same problem. :(
    So I put this VPN on my phone?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.