Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR Freezes since upgrade to 1.4

Dave KD5FX
Dave KD5FX Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Since upgrading to 1.4 I've had a few instances of the SSDR s/w freezing on the screen. Just for 5 to 10 seconds and then all comes back to normal. I was just watching on Task Manager and the network traffic went to zero during the freeze. The PC continues to function normally so I don't think it has anything to do with the PC. It appears that the radio is locked up.
Wow! Just now while typing up this question it froze completely! And SSDR quit! Said 'radio not found'. I pushed the power button on the radio to make it shutdown and then started it back up and SSDR, all is good so far. That's the first time it has completely quit working.
Any idea what I should do to fix this? 
It's a 6300 and it has been working just fine until this week. 

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    A connection problem, 'radio not found'. Somewhere on the network, I expect the router.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

Do you have your 6300 connected directly to the router? I had the same problem when I was using my 6500 with a wireless access point.

Jim, K6QE

• Dave KD5FX
    Dave KD5FX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    6300 and PC are both connected to my Cable modem/router. Same connection that I've been using for years. This all started since I went to 1.4 a week ago. No problems before that.

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

Maybe resetting the router would help. I have a Linksys, and I can do a reset from the computer.

• Steven Hess
    Steven Hess Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I would suspect your router or cabling. 
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Refer to this ongoing thread concerning the same issue.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/smartsdr-1-4-rx-intermittent-pauses
  • Dave KD5FX
    Dave KD5FX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    FIXED! Thanks everyone for all the tips. Reading the one about other PCs with SSDR I remembered that I did load 1.4 on my laptop and that's about the time all the problems started! It was running DAX and CAT in the background and I didn't realize it. I removed those from the windows startup folder, rebooted the laptop and now SSDR is working just fine on my main PC across the room! 
    73 all, Dave
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    So good to know Dave, thought something was going on there, 1.4 should run well. Have fun....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.