Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR CAT gone nuts

William Hein
William Hein Member ✭✭
I have 8 physical serial ports on my computer. Also, I am using a USB 2.0 port assigned to COM 16 to connect to AlfaSpid rotator controller via USB. Flex Control is assigned to COM 40. So, COM 16 and COM 40 are the Foreign Virtual Ports.

SSDR CAT has gone wobbly today. I normally have a Flex virtual serial port Shared pair COM 9-19 and I connect logging programs to COM 9 without any problems - usually, but its now suddently broken.

COM 9-19 pair has disappeared from SSDR CAT Available Flex Serial Ports even though COM 9 still appears in "Connect 3rd Party Program To Port" and COM9 appears on the Port Map.

N1MM Logger+, which had been working OK, will not connect to COM9. If I set up a second Shared Flex Port at COM 10-20, Logger+ won't connect to iCOM10, either.

No amount of Delete All Virtual Ports and rebooting and setting up new ports fixes the problem.

Suggestions?

Comments

• William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I meant dedicated ports above, not shared
  • William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I decided to try this one last time:

deleted all the Virtual Ports

power cycled Flex 6700

rebooted computer

created new COM 10-20 PPT DTS/RTS pair in SSDR CAT

connected N1MM Logger to COM9 (CAT) and COM10 (PTT)

seems to be working now, no idea why N1MM wouldn't connect to COM9 for last hour.

I didn't mention it before, but I was getting frequent "Can't create new port, please quite SSDR CAT" (I'm paraphrasing) while trying to fix this.

Fingers crossed

Bill AA7XT

• William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I am trying to remember if COM9-19 every should have appeared in the Available Virtual Ports list?
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    William I have had this exact problem in the past. The only way i could fix it was to uninstall all my Flex software 3 programs then re-install it. If Cat was a stand alone install it would be easier but it's not. I worked for a few days trying to resolve it until I finally removed and re-installed and all was fixed. Sorry Ian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.