Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR and N1MM Logger - Current Status re CW?

K1FR
K1FR Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Afraid I let CW SS sneak up on me!  Meant to figure out how to use N1MM logger with my 6700.  A quick search of the Community posts makes me conclude that external hardware (like Winkey USB) is required.  Is that still correct?  Thanks.  73, Tom K1FR

Answers

• DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Tom,

Everything (except CW speed change via N1MM+) works fine:

have a look here: How to: Setup N1MM+ for keying the Flex 6X00 via CWX.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

VY73
    Thomas
    DK1EY
  • K1FR
    K1FR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thomas:  Thanks!!!  Works fine.  Just one question - for Sweepstakes I need to send a QSO number.  Probably missing something obvious, but not sure how to go about that.  ?? 73, Tom K1FR
  • K1FR
    K1FR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    For some reason, I cannot seem to find how to include the serial number in {EXCH}.
  • K1FR
    K1FR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Sorry to clutter up the community BW - just found a help file for N1MM about how not to use {EXCH}.  off to try again.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Has anyone found a "contest" setup script for N1MM+ that would be good for general, everyday logging?   - QSO, Name QTH, RST, GRID, 10-10, Comments, QSL Tracking via LOTW, etc.?  

I know that N1MM+ is designed as a "contest" logger, but if I can get it to format for most of the regular stuff I can shift all mo my logs to it.

It has so many features that I appreciate and would use in my regular rag chewing, DXing, W1AW/p hunting, as well as contesting.  I would love to have it as my "one-stop-shopping."
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    N1MM+: File > New log in database > SSCW 
    Hope that helps!

VY73
    Tom
    DK1EY
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    You do not need to include the serial number. N1MM+ does it itself after configuring.
    N1MM+: Open/New log in database > Select the Database/Contest type. In the contest configuration window you can set up your needed exchange. In WAG for example i have to send 599 and my club section number R09 (599R09). Configure such additional numbers like this:

If you want to exchange 599 and a serial, fill in 001 in the "Sent exchange" field above. Then N1MM will count 599001, 599002, 599003 etc.

Hope, I could help.

If not, just drop me an Email.

VY73
    Tom
    DK1EY

• Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Is there a way to make the ESC key work with CWX to stop a transmission if I ****-finger the wrong function key?
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Here's what I found that finally got me on the right path.  Also, note that there are separate macros for Run (blue) and S&P (green)

Sweepstakes is unlike other serial number contests in that it does not require you to enter "001" (or #) in the Sent Exchange. In fact, you must NOT do that. The ONLY things you put in the Sent Exchange box are your Precedence,

Check and Section.The standard default function key message file that you use in other contests will not work for Sweepstakes. Do not use the {EXCH} macro in your Sweepstakes exchange messages. Instead, program the full exchange explicitly in your Exchange messages: # (Precedence) * (Check) (Section), as in # A * 78 WMA .

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    My only problem now is that the exchange cuts off before it's done. Sometimes it's halfway through, other times three quarters, sometimes it finishes completely.  I even programmed a new key with the exchange - same thing.
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

I think presently you may be able to find or create a format like that, but the
    LOTW process is still to first create an ADIF file and then manually run TQSL
    and transfer to LOTW.  It's not a couple of clicks like N3FJP.

Ned,  K1NJ

• K1FR
    K1FR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Really enjoyed SS CW with the 6700 and N1MM+.  Thanks to Thomas, got it all up and running in time.  Only one observation - the best rig in the world and a super slick computer program do not make up for the aging effects of being a ham for 56 years!!  73, Tom K1FR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.