Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR and Macro's

Sergey KN7K
Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I just finished CQ WW DX Contest in CW and while 6600+Maestro worked mostly fine I had a few issues.
The main issue is that I believe that some how by entering information to F1-F4 keys of CWX window of SSDR, prevent me to use F1-F4 N1MM CW Macro's. They just do not respond.
I tried to delete all information from CWX, but no go in N1MM. Macro's in N1MM works from F5 to F12, but no F1-F4. 
I thought it could be a keyboard issue and replaced it with another one, it had the same issue.
So, I was stuck with Macro issue and was CQ-ing manually-not fun.

Could someone give me an idea how to find what holding my F1-F4 buttons? 
Thanks
Sergey, KN7K

Answers

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    one more thing- if i delete all information from CWX lines, when i click on F1-F4, i hear the "bip", like it looking to a memory but nothing there.
    So, I am looking for the way to dissable ot purge it completely to have buttons available for other programs.
    Sergey, KN7K

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Sounds like it is a focus issue. If SmartSDR was the last program used then Windows will direct F commands to SmartSDR. Focus helper in SmartSDR setup should allow focus to return to N1MM after a couple of seconds. One thing to check, if you are using spots from N1MM make sure to use a port other than 12060. Also no other program should be broadcasting info on 12060. Dave wo2x
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Yes, this is a focus issue.  You simply need to make sure N1MM entry window has focus before hitting F keys.  I had this happen by accident a couple of times during the contest. 

I have stopped placing spots on Flex panadapter because of audio pops and cracks when spots get added or updated.  I just populate the N1MM band map with spots. 

Joe
    N3HEE 
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thank you guys,
    I tried to dissable N1MM Focus in SSDR or to put Other.
    Still Have the same issue.
    Here is my settings in SSDR and N1MM.
    I tried to Enable "Application Info" or "Contacts" in N1MM with no change.

The intersting thing that I can send all F1-F11 all Macros buttons by clicking on the QSO entry window of N1MM just fine, but cannot do it from the Keyboard.
    Currently from Keyboard only F5, F8, F9,F10, F11 works with following setup

So, i am not sure where to dig next.
    Any assistance would be highly appreciated
    Thanks
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    anyone?
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Is it established whether it is a focus issue or not? If N1MM+ is in focus, does F1 work? 73 Andy KU7T
  • Matt (K0KB)
    Matt (K0KB) Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Guys, it can’t be a focus issue. He has said several times now that f5 and up work fine in n1mm many times over the last days. I have no idea what it might be for the record but i think we should move focus down our list of possibilities. I will also say that n1mm tech support is top notch so you may want to bring the issue to their attention for their thoughts because it could be an issue with them. I have cwx for 1-4 and use nmm f1-f4 without issue.
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thank you guys.
    I do believe it related to a Flex as I found it few months ago after I got Flex6600 but did not have a chance to look at it in a depth. 
    Before Flex radio, I used FT5000 for years on the same PC with no issue.

Yes, some "F" buttons work on keyboard, some not.
    F1-F4 do not work on keyboard, but in the same time ALL "F" BUTTONS WORK FROM THE SCREEN. I can use all buttons F1-F12 if I push them on QSO entry window just fine.
    It seems like something have reserved F1-F4 buttons and would not let me use them from keyboard.

I may try N1MM Tech support team.
    Thanks
    Sergey,KN7K
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thank you guys,
    I figured it out.
    The issue with FRStack, as soon as I close it, everything works as it should.
    I will have to purge all saved memories and start over.
    Sergey, KN7K

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.