SSDR and 6400M?

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Answered
What or how do you run SSDR with the 6400M? Each time I have tried to use it, it tries to download to a lower version. do I have to turn something off or on in the radio?
thanks!
Photo of Reggie-k6xr

Reggie-k6xr

• 413 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2264 Posts
  • 897 Reply Likes
As far as I know you use it like any other radio. Get the latest - 2.1.32 and upgrade to that. The radio may have been shipped with 2.1.30 so it would prompt you to downgrade.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9152 Posts
  • 3478 Reply Likes
Upgrade to the latest SmartSDR for Windows software version, v2.1.32
www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr_v2-1-32_installer-exe/
Photo of Reggie-k6xr

Reggie-k6xr

• 413 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Tim, I did that! but when I run SSDr, it does not connect with the radio. It has a red dot and say't desktop is in use. If I have the radio on, and run ssdr, does it auto connect?
Photo of Tim - W4TME

• 9152 Posts
  • 3478 Reply Likes
Disconnect from the client that is in use
Photo of Mike, K7QDX

Mike, K7QDX

• 24 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
See I'm not the only one.... I just thought the CD would have the newest and greatest on it. Of course that was before the last release.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

• 9152 Posts
  • 3478 Reply Likes
We just did an update on Monday.
Photo of Mike, K7QDX

Mike, K7QDX

• 24 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
This was before that update... 
Photo of Tim - W4TME

• 9152 Posts
  • 3478 Reply Likes
If the box had been packed, we do not reopen it to update the CD because you can get the latest from the website.
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1039 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes
This day and age technology changes so fast I NEVER used CDs.  I always go to the manufacturer site and download.
Photo of Mike, K7QDX

Mike, K7QDX

• 24 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
The CD was 2.0.19 that came with the 64/6600 I was expecting it to have 2.0.30. That was what confused me. Since 2.0.30 was released at the same time the shipping of the radios. 
But thinking about it now, it makes sense now, since Flex was working on bugs to the last second it would be easier to have the release on the web rather than a CD with the time and cost of making CD's would've delayed it even more. 
Any case I'm now running 2.0.32 and everything is updated.
Photo of Reggie-k6xr

Reggie-k6xr

• 413 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
I have upgraded the radio and software in the radio. but when I try SSDr, it say's I need to downgrade a lower version. Did not use the CD, downloaded from the website
(Edited)
Photo of Tim - W4TME

• 9152 Posts
  • 3478 Reply Likes
All three versions (firmware, SmartSDR for Windows and the software that runs on the M console) have to match.  The M version console software has to be updated independently of the radio firmware (both the M model software and SmartSDR for Windows can update the firmware).

I recommend running SMartSDR v2.1.32 on everything.
Photo of David Orman

David Orman

• 59 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Suggestion: Have the software check/prompt for update when a new version is available, just like the radio. I ran into this problem myself, assuming the software would automatically update.
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1039 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes
I agree. Would be a nice feature.

Now that my 6600m has arrived here in Des Moines at UPS and James is off the naughty list I don't plan on coming to this site for awhile :)
Photo of Tim - W4TME

• 9152 Posts
  • 3478 Reply Likes
We have a feature request to do this.
Photo of Reggie-k6xr

Reggie-k6xr

• 413 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
I finally figured it all out and all is working on both PC and Mac mini and Ipad and iphone! getting a little slow now in my ole age! But perseverance pays off

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.