Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR and 6400 Noise Floor Behavior

Lionel
Lionel Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Odd SSDR Behavior

Setup:

1.       Flex 6400 – heatsink upgrade not yet done

2.       Windows 10 v 1803

3.       SSDR 2.2.8

4.       Antenna Dipole (40m)

SCENARIO

Steps

1.       Slice A on 15m WNB off-   21.026.220 Mhz - -124dBm (or any in band freq)

2.       Slice B on 40m WNB off- 7.038.330 Mhz - - -106 to -112dBm (or any in band freq)

3.       Preamp +8dB (tried at 0 and -8 and has no effect on the scenario)

4.       Bandpass is WIDE

5.       Turn Slice A WNB on-set at 30,  Slice A remains at -124, Slice B remains at -106 to -112

6.       Turn Slice A WNB off - - Slice A jumps up to -115, Slice B remains at -106 to -112

Slice A is active, tune Slice A to 21.026.230 (10 hz up) using the Flex Knob---- NOW Slice A drops back to -124 dBm (WNB is OFF – both slices) This is repeatable and seems to occur whenever Bandpass is WIDE and occurs with Slice A on 10, 12, 15, 17, 20, 30 (barely noticeable), 40 (smaller jump in level), 80. This does not occur when both slices are on the same band and front end filters are engaged (i.e. not WIDE)

Reversing slices the above steps and Slice B behaves similarly. 

Connected to Dummy load – same scenario behavior

No RELAY clicks other then when band is intentionally changed.

I have a video of one scenario – sorry for a bit of shake holding the iPhone. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2b7prhvh5tf1jr9/IMG_1343.mp4?dl=0

If this is expected or my test is faulty I apologize for the bandwidth.  Anyone should be able to replicate this behavior unless it is my 6400 or my SSDR install.  This seems different from the behavior described by Mike (“6600 odd behavior” 2 months ago). 

There are a lot of variables and possible scenarios and I have tested only a few.

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    Since this indicates you may have a hardware issue and issues of this type are not resolved using the Community, I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  Please respond using the HelpDesk ticket rather than the Community.
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thank you Tim.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.