Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR 6m tx envelope ( jt65/jt9 ) anomaly

km9r.mike
km9r.mike Member ✭✭
edited December 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
For 160 -10m, my tx envelope for wjst-x (jt65 or jt9) looks like the following. Nice clean purty.

I have recently been fooling around with wjst-x on 6m and made my first qsos on 6m kinda ( well at least I got a replies via psk reporter )

However, despite the positive result with 20w and an OCF dipole at 35ft, I noticed that the tx envelope on SSDR using wjst-x displays differently on 6m. There appears to be no negative consequence because of this , but I do not understand why this displays differently on 6m.

Do other users see the same ?

Thanks

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2017
    It is because you have the RX preamp turned on for 6m
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    100% correct and this was not a test. Thanks for the help Tim. 6m preamp off and voila.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    And for the record, this is not a "bad" thing.  The reason why is that the radio is receiving the actual transmitted signal and for display purposes, additional RF pre-amplification is not needed.
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Yes that is the way I took it. No worries here. Just a better understanding and something I should have been able to determine myself but this was throwing me for a loop until you turned the light switch on.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    You are supposed to use low power for JT.... :) I guess the 100w was for the test.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    looks like about 20 watts to me????  I do have bad eyesight..  but not that bad ....  at least I didn't think so!   :)
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    LOL, you are right, I was looking at the RF Power slider

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.