SSDR 2.1.3 Problems...

• Problem
  • Updated 6 months ago
Since upgrading to SSDR 2.1 I have had my radio (6500) twice hang hard in the middle of a transmission. Only a long push on the power button brings it back.  This never happened  to me using 2.0 nor one of the latest 1.x s/w. Anyone else seeing this?

/Lasse SM5GLC
Photo of Lasse Moell

Lasse Moell

• 78 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Chris

Chris

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yesterday one time and today until now one time my 6k5 stopped receiving and shutted down.
I only had to restart SmartSDR.

73 Chris DK1QG
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 130 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes

If  you have not yet. Perform a factory reset on your radio. Make sure you Export your profiles before performing reset. Factory reset info can be found using the link below.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/factory-reset-6500

Once reset, Import your saved Profile settings.

Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 972 Posts
  • 344 Reply Likes
If we are talking in a transmission I would also suspect some RFI.  Until I changed antenna setup I could kill my computer with enough transmissions.   Now the problem is gone with some better RFI isolation.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9130 Posts
  • 3454 Reply Likes
Also, as per the release notes, a cold boot of the radio is recommended (power down the radio, remove power for 10-15 seconds, restore power, reboot the radio).
Photo of Ross - K9COX

Ross - K9COX

• 335 Posts
  • 101 Reply Likes
A cold reboot in life can really fix most things. My favorite saying while in IT was turn it off, turn it on ( I mean really turn it off). Next is return to factory settings. Last was look in the mirror.
(Edited)