Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR 1.8 broke Maestro

Burch - K4QXX
Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
I installed SSDR 1.8 on my computer and no problems.  Radio works as it should.  Then I turned on Maestro and tried to update.  It looked like it was updating fine but at the end it said Waiting On Hardware Initialization (W).  I waited for about 10 minutes and nothing happened.  I turned off Maestro and turned it back on and instead of getting the nice graphical Maestro screen, I get a blue screen that just says Maestro in text.  Then, I get a black screen with a grey window that says "Waiting on Hardware Initialization (W)".  I don't get prompted to select a radio.  Any ideas?

Comments

• dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    can you factory reset a maestro and start over?  I don't know I do not have one.

David
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I don't know how to factory reset.

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Try rebooting your radio and see if that helps.

• Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I had the exact same issue with my Maestro.  You will need to submit a support ticket to Flex for resolution.   I've been unable to get the error to clear.  Your the 5th Maestro that's reported this issue today here on the forum.

Cal/N3CAL
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    My Maestro is also down with the "Waiting on Hardware Initialization (W)".  Hope to get some insight on how to fix or instructions to covert to a trouble ticket.

I have a 6300.  I have rebooted and hard reset my 6300.  This did not clear the problem.

• Jim Runge
    Jim Runge Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Don't do a radio reset.  That will not fix the problem.  Flex is aware of the problem and working on a fix.  Until they notify us just put the Maestro aside.
  • Marv
    Marv Member
    edited May 2020

Perhaps I am wrong but I thought this was a release for the Maestro and not your computer.  Any way my upgrade to the Maestro was flawless.

Marv W0ZK

• Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I hate to say anything, might result in a curse, but no issues here. Now if storms will move out of low country of South Carolina I'll give it a test run. :)

Lew N4CO
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    There is also a SmartSDR Windows upgrade involved.  This process also upgrades the software in the Radio.  This portion of the upgrade went well.  It is only the Maestro portion of my upgrade that went south.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Same here, radio and computer are fine.  Just Maestro messed up.

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Sorry to hear some of the devices are having a problem.

I had no problems updating but did PC update; updating the radio then rebooted the 6500 and then updated the Maestro. It was an attempt to have the radio f/w updated via the PC. In addition the Maestro was on 12V-DC power.

Did this procedure also result in a Maestro glitch?

k3Tim
  • Ray - K6LJ
    Ray - K6LJ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016

I started this morning by turning on the 6700. Then when I started Maestro I saw the 1.8 update. I installed 1.8 and it looked like it also updated the radio. As long as I was on the Maestro it appeared to work well. This evening after shutting down the Maestro and starting the computer sdr it proceeded to revert to the earlier version. When the Maestro update first showed up I looked and could not see a computer update for 1.8. This evening I download and installed the 1.8 on the computer first, Then started Maestro. When it asked to upgrade it took only a second or two and started up fine. Both seem to be working fine now. I did notice that I received the HW init error but remembered that I did not turn on the 12v supply before starting up. Maybe this is what happens when people say they have the hardware init issue. either their battery is low or 12v supply is disconnected. Even if both are disconnected the internal batt will attempt to start Maestro but it always for me results in the hw init screen. Love my Flex

Update - after powering on Maestro and doing the upgrade I went back and started the computer sdr. again it rolled back the software to the earlier version. i'm going back to 1.7 until things get corrected

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You need to install the Smart SDR 1.8 on your PC also. The download is at the FRS website.

• Ray - K6LJ
    Ray - K6LJ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I did - however what I just found out was after installing 1.8 on my  computer I failed to look for the new 1.8 icon. Of course then radio is going to return the radio to the earlier release when I select the 1.7 version. I have tried both the radio and my maestro now and I must have been lucky. Both are working with 1.8.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.