Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR 1.8.3 DAX Issue

Rob Fissel
Rob Fissel Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Just reporting a bug. Upgraded from 1.6.21 to 1.8.3. Even with DAX enabled as it is in all of my digital profiles for DIGU, TX in any digi program keyed the mic, and not the active DAX channel, broadcasting mic audio. Several restarts of both computer and radio, and one reinstall attempt. Also tried importing saved config files to see if that made a difference. Rolled back to 1.6.21 and I'm back up and running. 

Comments

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    No problem here at all, Rob, even all my profiles worked at once. I always deinstall the
    previous version and reset the F6k5 after the new one has been installed and the radio's
    firmware has been updated. I also clean up my pc and registry afterwards by using TuneUp.
    OS here Win7 64bit HP, no W10 for me, thank you.
    73, Alex - DH2ID

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I thought I read that under 1.8 that DAX now has mike live.  Not sure but I did have the same results and since I use the W2IHY System I simply shut off one of the boxes and all worked fine.  With the RF Rollback Issue occurring I then moved back to 1.7 and all went back to normal.... No live mic.
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Since upgrading to V1.8.3 I've noticed what appears to be a brief 1-3 second burst of mic audio being transmitted when the rig first keys up.  This is while using WSJT-X  with both JT65 and JT9. DIGU with DAX  turned on.  You can see it on the pan adapter and also hear it using another rig.  In my case when using these modes my TX Low Cut is 0 and High Cut is 5000 and you can see the very wide audio signal.   It looks like the dreaded distorted audio we have been seeing on earlier versions of SSDR but it only lasts for a few seconds then goes away.  It also appears the decode rate of my transmissions by other stations have gone down???   I'm going to go back to V1.7 for now. 

Cal/N3CAL
  • W8TZ Ross
    W8TZ Ross Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016

I am seeing the same thing with V1.8.3. A momentary burst of mic audio just before JT65 TX audio kicks in. I could see it on the panadapter after the upgrade but didn't think much about it until I saw this post. I am back to V1.7 now and everything is working correctly.

• Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016

Hi Kev...I've been running WSJT-X this way for almost 2 years (with my Flex 6500).  The Lo/High cut was something discussed here on the forum in other topics and suggested by a few Elmers.  I don't recall if I have the Split/Fake-It option checked?   (I'll have to check it when I get back home) But I know having Low Cut = 0 and High Cut = 5000 allows me to TX anywhere within the 5000 Hz bandwidth I'm using JT-65/JT-9 with WSJT-X.  

Cal/N3CAL

• Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited July 2016
    That's interesting,Rich. I realized this feature was implimented, but didn't think that it would have an impact unless I used my footswitch or handswitch to activate the mic. Perhaps Flex could consider a "+ DAX" button (like + ACC) for when you're looking to use DAX with a voice keyer in conjunction with the mic, and then the typical "DAX" button for pure digital use only?
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Kev,

I just checked my WSJT-X setup and I do not have Split/Fake-It selected,  I'm set to none.  I'm using Kenwood TS-2000 as the selected rig.  

@ Flex:  It would be nice to be able to turn this feature off.   The only way for me to get around this TX Burst issue is to select ACC since nothing is connected to it currently.   Any mic currently connected to my 6500 will TX ambient shack noise for the first few seconds.  

Cal/N3CAL
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I'd like to know if this only happens with WSJT or other non-WSJT digital mode programs.

• Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Tim, I can see it running PSK31 with FLDigi -  3.23.12.

I can scratch the mike ( a 781) and see the scratchy sound on the panadapter and  power out on an LP-100A wattmeter for about 500 ms. and then the PSK tone starts.

The current 1.8 stuff in the radio, and the radio has gone thought a few cold reboots (along with the computer a few times since the upgrade.

Dont think RF currents are the problem since it happens at 10 watts output for the PSK tones.

Good Luck

• Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited July 2016
    Tim, mine was persistent - there was no mic audio for a split second and then over to DAX audio. It was straight mic audio during the whole tx. This applied to both FLDigi and WSJT-X for me. 
  • Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Oh - did confirm that the Mike was OFF in DAX - also, this was running only with Slice A - no other slices or splits running.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    I have entered this problem report into our bug tracker as issue #3780 for additional investigation. Thank you for the defect report.
  • Larry Davis
    Larry Davis Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    yes that is what I have too went back to 1.7.3 no problem now
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I can confirm SSDR v1.8.4 fixes this issue.   I just downloaded v1.8.4 and nolonger see this issue...

Cal/N3CAL
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    This issue has been fixed in SmartSDR v1.8.4

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.