Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR 1.4 No spacebar in CWX sidetone on REMOTE

George - AB4FH
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
When operating local REMOTE on my MacBook Air running Parallels and WIN 7.1, the sidetone in CWX Live doesn't recognize spaces between words.  As a long-time CW aficionado, it is quite disconcerting to hear a continuous stream of words without spaces.

[For the record, SSDR 1.4 is a tremendous improvement over 1.3.8.126. ] 

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This defect was reported previously and will be addressed in the next release of SmartSDR.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    This has been fixed and will be in the next release of SmartSDR
  • George - AB4FH
    edited March 2018
    @Burt- No. The software that generates the sidetone has a glitch so that the space between words is ignored and the sound you hear on the local speaker does not match the transmitted signal. I.e. The local sidetone, while in REMOTE mode, sounds like one continuos string of letters without spaces. @Steve and Tim - thanks. Flex engineering continues to impress me with its responsiveness.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.