Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR 1.3.8 install problem

I  just downloaded SmartSDR 1.3.8 and it won't install. The radio shows up with the yellow dot under it. But, wihen I click on the radio and the the yellow Update button, nothing happens. The Windows Task Manager says the three programs (Radio Setup, SmartSDR Alert Helper, and SmartSDR Cat Ver 1.3.8.0) are "Not Responding." I've never had a problem with upgrading before, so it sounds like a bug. I'm running a Win 7 64 bit machine with a Core I7 Extreme processor and lots of RAM, so it's not the computer.

Answers

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Try rebooting?
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

Please turn off your radio. remove all power, wait a few seconds, and repower. Now, try loading the software. I haven't had your problem, but similar problems until I completely removed all power from the radio and repowered.

Jim

• Bill Robinson, WB6RMY
    edited October 2014
    a bunch of times and also ensured that the firewall was off just in case that was it.
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

I installed it without any issues. but I did reboot the radio before hand after turning off SmartSDR and reading the instructions.

Jim

wu5e

• Bill Robinson, WB6RMY
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for all of the suggestions.  One thing I have noticed is that the IP Address shown in the Radio Setup box (169.254.6.240) is not in the range of my LAN (which is a 192.168.x.x range) and there is nothing shown next to Mask. As I understand it, what shows up next to IP Address is supposed to be the address assigned by DHCP.  So, it would seem like there might be a communication issue.  On the other hand, the 6500 shows up under "Radios," so it seems like there is some communication occurring. Any thoughts on that?

Bill
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Bill,
      A couple of things to try if you haven't already..
    1)  Do a reset to factory defaults on the radio.
    2)  Try a direct ethernet connection from the radio to the PC and see if it will update that way.  ( assuming that is not what you already have. )

Good luck!

Al, K0VM

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Bill,

What I do when I have run into something like this is first to uninstall everything SSDR, DAX. ect..  Use control panel to do this

One it's uninstalled, run a registry cleaner to get rid of any references.  CC Cleaner is good and it's a free download.  Run it more than once until it scans and comes up with no issues.  This gets rid of residual registry keys that can cause problems later.

Turn your radio off, remove power from the back for a few seconds, and leave it off.

Shut down (not restart) the computer.

When it's back up, re-install SSDR.  Hopefully, it will install without a problem.

One it's back up turn on the radio.

When the radio has booted, start SSDR.

Good luck.

Steve

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Also, power cycle your router.  I would do this with both the PC and the radio off, then bring them back on after the router cycles.
  • Bill Robinson, WB6RMY
    edited October 2014
    Hi Everyone,

It was the router. A quick power cycle fixed it (and hopefully another problem that I'm having with a wireless control for my pool and spa - but that's for another group!).  Thank again.

Bill
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I think your computer was connecting to the radio through NAT translation in your router.  I would bet that your IP address on the outside world is 169.254.6.240.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I have no issues with installation at all:
    1. Stop services DAX and SmartSDR CAT 
    2. Uninstall previous version via Control Panel (as usual)
    3. Reboot
    4. Install 1.3.8
    5. Reboot Radio with Power Off/On

it's all folks

Win 8.1  64 Bit  Rus edition
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Incorrect sri. 169.****.****.**** are self defined IP addresses only given out when there is no other way to get one. Usually a failure to get an IP address from the router.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.