Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Squelch causing audio distortion

Norm - W7CK
Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
I'm using a 6700 with 2 meters built in.  I have it driving a 75w DownEast LDPA.

I've noticed with the v2.x update, the (FM only) squelch is not working very well.   If I set it at about 50%, squelch is broken every few minutes with a very loud obnoxious sound.  If I increase the squelch up to say 60%, the audio gets distorted and choppy.  Worse squelch implementation I've every experienced.

I would like to know if Flex is ever going to address the squelch issues? 

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2017
    This behavior has been previously reported and is in our bug tracker as issue #2048.  I have added your feedback to the defect detail.
  • K1DLM
    K1DLM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I'm having the same issue here with my 6700/DEMI. 
  • David Livingston
    David Livingston Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Same DEMI same issue.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.