Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Spurs after reset on 6300

Kev Mallin
Kev Mallin Member
edited March 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hi Guys, I'm starting to regret this thing.

I think I need some help with this one.

I've done a reset on my 6300 to see if it sorted  my horrible whirring tx audio, it didn't :-(

But now I have spurs on 160.80.60.40 & 30 where before the reset I had none.

I've done another reset to see if it was something like it had not booted correctly but its sill the same.

Spurs are with or without an antenna. Have I missed something when you do the reset ?

Flex6300

SmartSDR v 1.4.0

Nothing different I just held the power button in on start up until the light was white and flashing then let it do its thing until a solid green light.

The image below it the of 80m but its the same on 160.80.40. & 30

Regards Kev

Comments

• Mike_WB8CXO
    Mike_WB8CXO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Hi Kev,

Unless someone here has a better idea I think you need to call Dudley first thing Monday.  

Good Luck!
    Mike
    WB8CXO
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Just to be sure...  have you tried turning off anything in close proximity to the radio.  This could be something coming in through the AC and power supply.  It's so even and systematic, it makes me wonder if there isn't something generating a signal that you can pick up even with the antenna off.  Also, did you reboot your router or try it without the network?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Kev - please do a cold boot of the radio and then do a factory reset when you power up.

Shut off SmartSDR and power down the radio.  Unplug the DC power cable for 15-30 seconds.  Plug the power cable back in.  Press and hold in the power button on the front of the radio until the power LED turns white, then release the power button.

Allow the radio to boot up (solid green power LED) and then start SmartSDR.  Test to see if the spurs are still seen with and without an antenna connected.

• Kev Mallin
    Kev Mallin Member
    edited March 2017

Top man Tim, look at this back to normal, it didn't sort my whirring tx noise out though. My ham shop have sent off to flex about it.

Thanks again

Kev G0TPZ

• MikeMeeks
    MikeMeeks Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Put the radio on a 12vdc battery and use a notebook on battery or a computer on battery backup (UPS) and turn power to everything in your shack off or even the whole house off. If it disappears, then gradually turn things on one at a time until you find out what is causing it.

Mike WA4VEF
  • Kev Mallin
    Kev Mallin Member
    edited January 2017
    Its sorted Mike, thanks for the advise, just needed the Tim reset :-)
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    That looks much better :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.