Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Spurious signals on pan with nothing connected/6700

Gary
Gary Member
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

With everything disconnected but the power, ground, and network cable I am getting substantial spurs on 80 meters - 4 of them just above the bottom of the band in a sawtooth pattern that are 8Khz apart... the outside 2 are a little weaker than the other 2 but all 4 rise above the noise floor when I do have the RXA antenna connected (HiZ 8 element RX array). Likewise up the band I get another single spur every 63Khz for a large portion of the band. Again not anemic and there when the actual RX antenna is connected. [in both cases the absolute level remains about the same with and without the RX antenna connected so with the RX antenna you can see their 'peaks' coming out of the noise floor]. To state once again this is with NOTHING connected but the ground, power and network. The latter 2 are wound around a decent size core multiple times (and it made no difference in the level before and after). Further this is there whether I'm using the Maestro or SSDR. I'm using 1.10.9.

Help?!

Comments

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    What frequencies? Can you replace the power supply with a battery, computer with a laptop, and see if they change?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2017
    Can you supply a screen shot of the panadapter?
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    How this for an example? Flex 6700 on 6 meters with no amp

Config: Windows 8.1, Comet 4 element, LDG 600ProII tuner.  SSDR v1.9.7.169

Check out what happens when I hit the tune button. Then I send a few dots

Here's the video url in case the attached doesn't show well

https://youtu.be/FEOepoR13Ng

Also check out the example for SSB on 6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRycs_TKMDY&feature=youtu.be

Don't mean to hijack the original compliant. I just though you might like to see some examples of what another Flex owner is experiencing

• Gary
    Gary Member
    edited March 2017
    there are actually 5 of these peaks at the low end - the first one is at roughly 3511. They're spaced about 8Khz apart with the center one being the strongest. As for the other signals they're all across the band at 63Khz spacing and look like a carrier signal. I will try a battery - the PS is a SMPS but it is, or I believed it to be quiet and in addition I have a large toroid at the radio with about 8 turns through it. But I'll try a battery.
  • Gary
    Gary Member
    edited March 2017
    I'll see if putting it on a battery resolves it in which case its my faux pas ... if not then I'll shoot a screen shot out. Thanks.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Pat - Nothing is wrong with your radio based on the video.  That is internal "noise" that is generated during transmit and being picked up by the very sensitive receiver.  Those signals, other than being very low in signal strength (less than -100 dBm) are outside of the final TX filter and are not transmitted.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Ok. Thanks for the clarification. FYI I really love this radio. It's a pleasure to operate

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.