Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Sprint plans for Maestro?

Simon Lewis
Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
edited February 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Maybe some one from Flex can comment .. but what the development plans for Maestro look like? Will it be part of SSDR or an independent product and dev cycle?

Of course I get some feature development relies on SSDR functionality but interested how this will run.

Perks of being a Programme Manager in apps development :)

Cheers

Simon ZL4PLM 

Answers

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Simon, I believe that's covered by 'we don't do public roadmaps any more'.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    We do know that SSDR runs on the Maestro and will or can replace the computer and run independently. I wonder how Maestro will be updated? 
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Maestro is the computer, embedded Windows OS, dedicated program, ssdr.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    It will be updated via the Internet automatically once you initiate an upgrade.
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hi Walt ..  no not WHAT is being developed ... but HOW .. is it dependant on SSDR cycles, or on its own dev cycle, ie split product - the WHAT is being developed is fine .. I am interested if it will only be updated as part of the SSDR release cycle ie 1.6 comes out and something is updated for Maestro or Maestro gets updates outside of the SSDR releases. That can't be too contentious to answer :) 
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    My understanding is that Maestro runs the same GUI do I would infer follows the same scrum team sprint behavior. Case in point, with mine, gesturing is relevant on the android and iPhone but not on the desktop. Similarly, drag and drop is relevant on the desktop not so much on the android or iPhone. However there is but a single source. Obviously I am not privy to FRS organizational structure. I've never seen that discussed except for Steve stating they transitioned to an Agile dev philosophy.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.