Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Spots 6600M using MLDX

Options
K3SF
K3SF Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
well saw the 2.3.7 update show up on list of versions today when started up my 6600m...so went ahead and let the radio do it and go thru the update
while it did that i read the notes...cool spots on panafall feature
sure enough it works on 6600m main display...no windose ssdr neededbut
my logger/cluster program is maclogger DX by Don Agro. who has updated it to send spot data to the 6600m...
OH yea...if you touch the spot...radio jumps to the freq
and
the Band zoom works fine too..a BIG 'OL   B pops right up touch zoom out  touch zoom back in
great job guys...
now back to trying to find KH1/KH7Z
Paul K3SF

Comments

• Amlan - AI6XN
    Amlan - AI6XN Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I wonder if this means I have to have MacLoggerDX on my Mac open at all times to send data to flex. Mostly I use the iPad version. Can’t flex directly pull the data from dx summit or whatever site they feel appropriate? I mean it does have internet access. That’d be a nice addition
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hi amlan
    The simple answer to your question is Yes...
    Also, all third party apps (whether mac or pc)  not just mldx need to be running to collect/or generate spots and then send them to the flex radio.

The system design is for third party apps to interface with flex radio and they do so by using the API (application program interface) to SEND data to the flex radio.
    So the flex radio does not ask for the spots data at all and it shouldnt as it would have to to modify anytime a  third party apps changes its message structure or its interfaceand break the basic design concept of using  flex API's

Third party apps come and go...but the flex radio keeps on working
    With this approach, there is no need to be connected to  the internet to get spotsfor example. CWskimmer/ slicemaster app combo can send spots directly to the flex radio all based DAX I/Q data received from the flex radio and decoded by CWskimmer
    of course any website message that contained spots can be collected and sent to the flex radio..could be a simple app it someone wants to write it for their favorite website.
    Bottom line...Not everything needs to be implemented by flex to make it a great radiofor example there is apple ios devices iphone/ipad...most of ios apps are done by third parties and make these ios base devices awesome to use.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.