Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Spot Feature with Ham Radio Deluxe

Al Reeves
Al Reeves Member ✭✭
Anyone running the SmartSDR Spot feature with Ham Radio deluxe?  If so is there written directions?

Answers

• Chuck Sinclair
    edited November 2018
    Yes I am using SliceMaster and HRD
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    I’m using Skice Naster too... works great and very simple to get working
  • Frank Kirschner
    edited December 2018
    Can someone answer Al's question? I'd also like to get the spots from HRD showing up in SSDR/Maestro. Any help would be appreciated.

I tried running Slice Master, and it didn't work. Sometimes it would crash, sometimes it would crash the whole computer, sometimes it would appear to run but not do anything. Every time I tried it, it trashed all the settings in the other programs, and I had to go through the entire set-up process again to get everything back to normal.
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Frank,

HRD doenst know how to send spots to the radio.  Slice Master does.  The trick is to get both Slice Master and HRD to look at the same same spot sources.  There are a few options here depending on your goals.  I like to use VE7CC's CC User program.  It can connect to multiple spot sources.  Then, I configure both HRD and Slice Master to connect to it.

Slice Master does support, though it's spot source mechanism, a connection to HRD Logbook.  When you us it, Slice Master will query HRD Logbook for addition information about any spot it find.  The information is then used to determine a "needed status" for the spot which in then used color the spot for display on the panafall.

--Don

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.