Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

spot display with ssdr 2.3.7

Gene - K3GC
Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software
I have installed ssdr 2.3.7 with no problems on my 6500.  I run DXsuite with spot collector installed.
Spots are enabled, "display calls on panadapter" is checked.
I am not getting a spot display.
Must be something really simple but it eludes me.
HELP

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Same here no spots
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Gene,

In SSDR, have you enabled spots?  On the main menu for SSDR select the Settings option then, 'Spots...'  to open the spots dialog.  

--Don
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I use SliceMaster and the spot collector telnet://hrd.wa9pie.net:8000.
    Works like a charm. Just try it.

IMPORTANT:
    Don't forget to use the newest version
    of SliceMaster called 0.4.10c from https://github.com/K1DBO/slice-master-6000/releases.
    In SliceMaster tick "send spots to radio" and choose your preferred persistence.
    And, as Don just wrote, enable SSDR spots under settings>spots>enabled.

Vy 73, Alex, DH2ID
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Got the spots going. Was using Slice Master v.0.10.4 and not the c version.
  • WB0O
    WB0O Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Many thanks Alex -  just got my 6700 to show spots.  I am an HRD user.
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    It appears that DXLab's Commander Bandspread window needs to be open.  I am now getting spots in SSDR.   An oddity is that the spots are only for the one band showing in the Bandspread window.  Still very nice with SpotCollector's need filtering.
  • Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Does it work with the DX cluster spots in HRD?
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Slice Master has good support for HRD.  It even eliminates the need to use HRD Rig Control when talking to the Flex.  It can configure and launch multiple, per slice, instances of DM780 too.

At this time it cannot use HRD Logbook as a true spot source.  However, it can query HRD for the "needed status" of any spot it finds.  So, when a spot comes in from CW Skimmer or a cluster node, it will be "colored" and annotated by HRD Logbook before being sent to Flex for display.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2018
    Nope. I no longer have to run DX labs. Just run the latest slicemaster and check the box to send spots to radio. Mine shows all bands in all slices
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hi Steve,
    My comments were just for running SSDR 2.3.7 and the DXLab Suite, the two programs (suites) that are always running on my PC anyways.  No Slicemaster involved.  This is to address Gene's (the OP) issue.
  • WB0O
    WB0O Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Agree -  Im using HRD and SliceMaster - working great with my 6700!
  • Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thanks...I just set up Slice Master, and it is working well. :-)  I just put in the cluster address I've been using, and I also set it up with HRD. NOW, all I need it a new antenna tuner so I can TX again (My SG-237 died during FD).
  • Gene - K3GC
    Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hi Bob,
    I have it running, sort of, but I am so far seriously underwhelmed. I don't have to have the bandspread window open but it doesn't show all the signals on the spectrum and a couple of them are strong.

It will only show the A slice which , for me, is a serious loss.

I posted a question on the DXLab group.  Perhaps Dave can clear the fog :)

I hope the problems I am experiencing are the proverbial loose nut between the chair and the keyboard and not a real problem :) .

• Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Gene, Good plan.  This thread has lost its focus.  Dave will get things squared away.
  • Dave AA6YQ
    Dave AA6YQ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Until there's at least one spot associated with a signal, Commander cannot direct SmartSDR to display a callsign for that signal. Do you have SpotCollector configured to automatically acquire the most recent spots on start up? This is described in the "Automatically Updating the Spot Database and WWV History on Startup" section of 

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CollectingSpots

The current version of Commander displays active callsigns for the band being used by Slice A. Callsigns are color-coded for "need" in pursuit of the DXCC, IOTA, Leaderboard, Marathon, VUCC, WAS, WAZ, and WPX awards. You can independently specify the bands and modes on which you are pursuing each award. Logging a QSO with a station immediately updates the callsign display.
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

Flex-6500 using Slice master 6000 and FRStacks and it took a little bit to figure things out.

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Forgot to mention I am using Slice master for the spots and the FRStacks for the squelch. Can not get Spots to work with Frstacks for some reason but they do for slice master. hum....
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I have never used any of this stuff before and I would really appreciate some direction on how to make all this work together.  I have updated my 6700, Maestro and PC all to v2.3.7.  I have downloaded the latest Slice Master.  I just need to know what setting to make and where to get spots onto my Maestro screen (I have enabled spots in the Maestro menus).  TiA!  David G4NRT
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2018
    Go into slice master and click on the right most tab with the dots and check box “ send spots to radio” Then make sure you have box checked for telnet server.
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Dave

My experience with Commander so far seems to be that the Bandspread window has to be opened once to get the spots to show.  Once I've opened it, I can close it and spots continue to appear on the Panadapter.

I started SC and watched spots accumulate and noticed that spots in the band I was watching on the Flex panadapter had been recently collected, but they wouldn't appear on the pan until I opened the Bandspread window.

Hope this helps.
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thank you!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2018
    Welcome
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Spots are working fine with my 6500, using either N1MM, or Slicemaster.  Nice addition to the feature set.

Larry, W1IZZ

• Howard Koenig
    Howard Koenig Member
    edited June 2018
    I followed the flex directions but can't get Spots to work through N1MM...

It is turned on in settings.

I created the new port but still nothing.
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Is the Telnet window open in N1MM and connected to the cluster? Did you configure the port in N1MM?
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I'm using 2.3.7 with N1MM and the spots show on the screen
  • W9BS
    W9BS Member
    edited August 2018
    I have been spinning my wheels for a few hours on this. I am trying to use Slice Master (the latest version C) and Slice Master will not even recognize my Flex 6500.  It never connects when I start it up, and the radio does not show up on "radio" in the "..." tab.  DXLabs suite, and WSJT-X are working normally, so I don't seem to have lost any functionality when I upgraded to 2.3.7.  I am very unclear as to whether I need to set up another port in SmartSDR Cat.  There is an option now to set up an N1MM logger port, but not sure if this applies to Spot Collector.  Suffice it to say that I am thoroughly confused at this time.  Any help would be appreciated!
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hi Gary... it sounds like Slice Master has let you down.  It should just discover the radio and start up.  

If you have a minute make a zip from the Slice Master config folder

C:Users<your name here>AppDataLocalK1DBOslice-master

and send it to me.  That folder has log files that might clue me in to why it's not working for you.

--Don
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Managed to get the DX Spots displaying by downloading Slice Master 6000. 

Under Settings on SSDR, Settings, Spots..., make sure Spots are Enabled in this menu.
    Open Slice Master 6000, click on the tab with 3 dots (...), make sure "Send spots to radio".
  • W9BS
    W9BS Member
    edited June 2018
    Thank Don.  I have zipped up that directory, but how shall I send it to you?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.