Spot Collector stopped working

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
Haven't used my radio for almost 2 months due to getting repaired.  Just received it today and checking things out.

Testing CW spots and CW Skimmer is decoding the spots ok but they are not showing up in Spot Collector. It used to work fine but no spots are getting to Spot Collector. I get the green indicator in SC for the spot source and my call is accepted

I don't recall changing anything that would cause this. Any ideas?

Photo of Pat N6PAT

Pat N6PAT

• 931 Posts
  • 286 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Rick WR0H

Rick WR0H

• 49 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
It's working okay here, but my skimmer spot feed comes into SC directly via Slicemaster's telnet port 7301.  I'm not using the slicemaster aggregation server since SC already performs that function..

Rick WR0H
(Edited)
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 578 Posts
  • 126 Reply Likes
Pat,

Please send me a copy of your Slice Master config folder.  Just navigate to

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\K1DBO

then right-click on slice-master and select 'Send to\Compressed (zipped) folder'.  This will create a zip file that you can then attach to an email and send it to the address shown in the Slice Master splash screen.

Somehow, your slice A CW Skimmer got confused about your callsign.  I'm not sure how that could have happened, especially not in a way that would be repeatable.  If you kill the skimmer and restart it, do you get the same result?

--Don

Photo of Pat N6PAT

Pat N6PAT

• 931 Posts
  • 286 Reply Likes
I'll send it shortly but am now getting the following screen :

Photo of Pat N6PAT

Pat N6PAT

• 931 Posts
  • 286 Reply Likes
File sent
Photo of Pat N6PAT

Pat N6PAT

• 931 Posts
  • 286 Reply Likes
It is now working. My call sign that's stored int he radio was wiped clean during the repair process. I reentered it and it took many tries and reboots for it to finally stay.

I now see the spots in SC and on the panadapter.

Thanks for your help. It's a great product that you've created.