Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Split VFO control of RX Maestro/6700

kz1w
kz1w Member ✭✭
The logic of locking B VFO RX to TX baffles me.  ie I can't turn off RX on B TX operating split.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong but for many DX chasing times I'm trying to hear or decode weak DX and can see just fine on the waterfall where everybody else is calling.  Or is there some way to make B VFO TX and RX enabled separately?

Of course there are all sorts of workarounds - TX RIT on A (a hassle on 7100/7190 splits); fiddling with audio gain A/B in the menu, but all not as straightforward as B RX off via button.

Answers

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    On the Maestro, turn the "B-AF" control down or push on the A-AF knob switch.
    On SmartSDR right click the speaker icon in the VFO B flag ( muted speaker icon will appear).

Then you will be listening to only VFO A audio.
  • David K3ZJ
    David K3ZJ Member
    edited November 2019
    Using SmartSDR, is there a way to quickly switch the active slice from "A" to "B" and back again (receive and transmit together) like on hardware radios?  That is, one "click"  allows quickly checking a second frequency and seemlessly transmitting there if want.  Implementation would be one click to go from slice "A" to slice "B" (both recv & xmt); one more click for split mode, and one additional click to reverse recv & xmt freq in split mode?  Or a menu could accomplish the same with 4 choices: Slice A; Slice B; Split A/B; or Split B/A.  In split, listening on the second (xmt) freq should be optional.

I've been assuming that this basic functionality must exist somewhere within the software, but I haven't found it yet.  TU for help.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    You mean like a split button? That’s on the wish list. Can’t comment on implementation. Oh btw you can do this with OTRSP and your logging software. No idea if you can do it in SSDR. Seems to always take a couple of clicks (mute one, unmute the other)
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Using DDUtil, You can create macros to create a split and shift the "UP Split" audio to left or right as you desire.  (You can do a LOT of other things with it as well).

I believe that you can also create a macro toggle button to mute/unmute a particular Slice's audio as needed.

Until such time as FRS may implement similar functions, this is a great workaround.

I believe that FRStack also has implemented a mute feature.

Ken - NM9P
  • Tom    N5MOA
    Tom N5MOA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    "I believe that FRStack also has implemented a mute feature."

Yes, works quite well. I use the knob on my Flex Control (press down) to switch the active slice.image

I don't always use it, generally I just click the speaker icon to mute the slice I don't want to hear.

Tom
    N5MOA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.