Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

splashtop

Options
Tony Hateley
Tony Hateley Member
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
is anyone useing splashtop for remote access of there windows 7 installed on my pad air but cannt get it working with ssdr

Answers

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Splashtop does not forward your Mic input on your ipad back to the computer running SmartSDR.  I have made that request with their developers several years ago, but nothing yet.  In the current 1.3x world of SmartSDR, if you wanted to hear your radio, you would need to configure Splashtop Streamer to point the sound at your DAX channel.  You can use skype to transmit both inbound and outboud audio.  Skype runs on both your iPad and your PC.

I'd recommend that you look at the following thread that Howard, KY6LA wrote a while back that has some of the best suggestions:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/parallels_access_ipad_app
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Here is the more updated thread with screen shots

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/remote_ipad_operation_of_6000_series_using_parallel...

I have tried Teamviewer, Skype, Splashtop, LogmeIn Ignition and Parallels Access from my iPad

I ended up using Parallels Access....  Audio works OK.. albeit Skype Audio is better in low bandwidth situations... VOX does work but I prefer to click on PTT to make sure that I am on the air

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.