Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Spectrum doesn't come up after closing one of two slices. 6500 V13.10

k0eoo
k0eoo Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I don't know if this has already been reported. When I have two slices showing with one RX each up for several hours and switch between the two slices tor TX and make a few contacts, and then I close one of the slices then open it again, The slice opens but with no spectrum running. This has happened three or four times now.... Dennis, k0eoo

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have had similar things happen several times. I open a Pan window and the frequency scale is there. I can slide it, zoom/unzoom it, but there is not activity, no traces, and I can't open a receiver slice. Some other times I have opened it and heard static and can tune a receive slice, but there is no trace, no matter how much I adjust the RH panel. I have not yet been able to correlate any behavior that causes it, other than having been on two slices in two different pan windows and then closing one before trying to open another one.
  • Keith - AE5XN
    Keith - AE5XN Member ✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Interesting, I just had this happen to me today with 4 panadapters actively running, then trying to switch one from 10m to 6m using the band select buttons. There was no spectrum trace when I switched to 6m. This was after the radio had been running for roughly 4 hours straight. All was well after rebooting the radio. This is on a 6700 with the GPSDO and V0.13.10 SSDR. Keith - AE5XN
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    See my post in another thread. It has to do with having 80 & 40 open at the same time causing other bad things to happen.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Does Flex have an official response to this problem?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    We do and it has been posted on other topics. We have this and other reports of issues like this, primarily with the 6500 entered into our bug tracker for resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.