Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SPE 1K-FA and external watt meter

Larry _ NY8T
Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have a 1K-FA on its way and I starting thinking about my Alpha 4520 watt meter and 4 different antenna outputs on the back of the 1K-FA. Hopefully I don't need 4 external watt meters! Is this something DDUTIL solves?

Answers

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    If you trust the Alpha 4520, I would use it to see the difference between what it reads and what the Expert 1k displays. Then just use the Expert Watt meter and deduct based on the alpha reading.

I find my Expert quite on target as far as power output. I run it 90% of the time at half power (600W), sometimes even use the 1-2 power feature on DDUtil and peak at around 350-400W. You can run forever at that power.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    The Alpha meter is equipped with one RF in and one out. DDUtil can't help you add more :-) If you have four antennas, and want to use external meters on all, you need four (or a meter that can be switched). Maybe use the Alpha meter on your most "interesting" antenna, and go with what seems to be beautiful metering in the amp for the rest?
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Sounds like a plan, compare and then just use the built in metering.
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    The answer to your question if you want to use your meter to detect power out of the amp, yes you would need one for each output. As some have already stated see how the Alpha reads as compared to the meter in the amp then sell Alpha meter and never look back.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.