Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Sound Card Does not See Mic Stream

John K4SQC
John K4SQC Member
edited January 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
First win 7, SmartSDR 1.10.16 Flex 6700.  Sound card is windows sounds card.  It does not seem to see the Mic Stream.  DAX appears to be working fine.  Recording device set to DAX Mic Stream. Under properties 1 channel 48000 bits.  Sound crad set to 100%  Since the sound card does not see the audio stream N1MMLogger + does not have a chance.

Waht am I missing?

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018

DAX is normally not used with the microphone. SmartSDR sees the microphone that is set in the default setting for your recording device in Windows. It is very confusing. I would like to see everything done manually and not automatically. Also, if you are using a computer microphone, be sure that "PC" is selected in the P/CW box.

Jim, K6QE

• John K4SQC
    John K4SQC Member
    edited May 2017
    I kind of understand your answer.  I am trying to make the N1MMLogger+ voice keyer work as well as the Writelog voice keyer.  Both loggers say you can hit a series of keys and record on the fly.  It all gets very confusing at the Windows 10 level.  What is my recording device and what is my playback device?  I think if I can get that figured out, the rest is pretty straight forward - more so with N1MM than with Writelog. 
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

Hi John

There are several threads on How To do these tasks, and may be some YouTubes as well.

http://bfy.tw/Bw4u is a link to a search on doing it with N1MM+ and http://www.flexradio.com/?s=n1mm%2B is the same on the FlexRadio Website.

Would guess a lot of what you want is in this one http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/using_n1mm_logger_with_smartsdr-pdf/

It is pretty easy to get this stuff in a whirl and I am hoping at some point the Community have a section dedicated to easy to use How To Guides.

Steve K9ZW

• John K4SQC
    John K4SQC Member
    edited May 2017
    Steve,  

Yes some help but the big problem is most of this is so far behind.  It references very early versions of SmartSDR, there is no mention of the Maestro in any of this.  And most of it is how to set things up for CW.  CW setup is easy: what I need is help with the friggin' voice keyer!

Very, very frustrated with all of this right now.

John

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.