Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Someone elses radio on my SSDR?

Homer1952
Homer1952 Member
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I opened SSDR and I find N1FMV's radio on the connection screen along with mine.
How's this possible?  I don't know him & I am sure he doesn't know me.  Could this be the 6400M I returned,image linking to my computer?

-Bob W8RMV

Answers

• James Whiteway
    edited March 2019
    If it's a used radio, it could be the previous owner. James WD5GWY
  • Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Bob, that is just the callsign that was stored in the radio.  It looks like you bought a refurb.  My Meastro came the same with with another ops call.

Just update it with your call and you are good to go.
  • Homer1952
    Homer1952 Member
    edited March 2019
    That is not correct. 
    I bought what I thought was a new 6400 last year.  I purchased this 6400, 6 Months or more after returning the 6400M under the 30 day return offer.  The 6400M was also supposed to be a new radio. 
    So it makes no sense that a 6400M from another owner, would show up on the SSDR 2.4.9 LAN connection screen along with my 6400.  I have been using this 6400 for months, without this issue. 
    This weirdness just starting happening.
  • Homer1952
    Homer1952 Member
    edited March 2019
    ps- If anyone knows Frank N1FMV, maybe you can inform him of this issue.  He does not have an email listed on QRZ.
  • Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Then you should open a helpdesk ticket with flex.   The call sign you are seeing is not someone logging into the radio, it is the call sign stored IN the radio.  UNLESS you are on SmartLink and there is a glitch
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    The two radios would only show up together when logged into the SAME SmartLink account. Check you account details, if nothing else , change the password, the other should go away, if you can’t change the PW , create a new account. Dudley
  • EduardoCarvalho
    EduardoCarvalho Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    My understanding of what happened is that you did not unregistered the radio from your account before returning it. You account is not compromised and the other user is probably not aware of this either as he only sees his radio. You would need the other user’s help to unregister the radio from your account since it requires interaction with the radio. I believe the help desk can help fix this without the other users intervention, so I would recommend opening a ticket. Eduardo, KC8R
  • Homer1952
    Homer1952 Member
    edited March 2019

Maybe you are implying the 6400M I returned was sold to someone else?  I almost never see "used" 6400M's on the resale site.

Strangely enough, this issue only happens when I use wifi on my laptop.  When I use my desktop computer which is connected to the router thru a cable, I don't see N1FMV's 6400M.

-Bob W8RMV
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    @Bob W8RMV With the anomaly ONLY appearing with your laptop client it is a SmartLink anomaly, not a radio or SmartSDR issue. At your laptop change your SmartLink account. You will need to register your radio to the new account of course. If the anomaly survives then it is a FRS issue. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Homer1952
    Homer1952 Member
    edited March 2019
    I was on vacation last week & tried to use the laptop in question to log into smartlink.  I discovered I forgot to do the smartlink registration with it, prior to leaving and could not use the laptop.
    So when I got home a few days ago, I did the SmartIink registration process via wifi. It was then I experienced this issue.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Glad you’re only seeing this on one laptop. The write up was hard to sort out. Like exactly how many 6400/6400M are involved? And in what order? Curious what had you imagined happened to radios returned under the no questions 30-day program? Would seem they’d be resold as “pre-loved” rather than melted down. I’m thinking that not all “pre-loved” radios make a posting in the Store either. No need to offer it there if FRS already has open requests for a model as a pre-loved. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Homer1952
    Homer1952 Member
    edited March 2019
    Steve,
    Someone else made the returned rig comment before I did.  I only noted it because of that prior comment.  I don't know what happens to product returned within the 30 day trial window.

There are at least 2 radios involved:
    • My current 6400 that I bought long after returning the 6400M
    • The mysterious 6400M that also shows on the SSDR start screen & owned (I assume) by N1FMW
    I started this thread with both of these radios shown in the picture that somehow got rotated in the post.

I am not sure I understand your other comments.

I have opened a Helpdesk case with FRS.

Bob  W8RMV

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.