Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Somebody help me I have a flat tire. well really it is a Radio problem.

John
John Member
I have been trying to determine what causes the Flex 5000 to delay key up when sending RTTY. Sometimes it keys immediately but other times it does not key until a portion of the text to be sent has been scrolled over by the program. When this happens only the portion left after key up is sent. I am using HRD Digital Master 780 for the digital modes. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Answers

• Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    I didn't see your call John, I'm W9OL and do a lot of rtty, psk, jt etc. I use WinWarbler and N1MM in rtty Dxing-Contesting. I do NOT have that problem. I really can't see anything in the Flex area that would cause a delay like you describe. I'm not familiar with HRD but does it have a cw mode with canned messages? When you use HRD in cw mode, do you see the same delay? Wish I could help more.
  • John
    John Member
    edited November 2013
    Thank you for the suggestion. I will try the CW which I have never used. It does not occur in PSK modes or any of other ones i.e. Oliver, Hellscriber etc. I also use the Flex with JT-65 and it does occur with that software. It is RTTY specific. I feel it has something to do with the latency setting or buffering in PSDR. I am new to this and "dont' know what I know about it". Just thought someone else who had seen the same thing could save me some time trying to figure it out. Many thanks for the reply 73's << John N4QWF
  • John
    John Member
    edited January 2020
    Gee I can't type anymore. I meant to say it does NOT occur with JT-65 either. Senior moment and all that I guess. 73's << N4QWF
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    That indicates that the problem is not in PowerSDR. Look closer at the digital mode program.
  • Timo - OH5KW
    Timo - OH5KW Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Closing HRD Logbook helps. At least in my case. 73, Timo OH5KW
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    John, how are you keying in HRD? If I recall, there are two ways to key up the radio and one of the ways resulted in delays.
  • John
    John Member
    edited January 2020
    I am allowing HRD to key the radio. It also has the option to use a comport but I have always let HDR do it. I never saw this with my FT-950 or the FT-847. But then the Signalink was doing the keying. I will mention that as suggested previously I loaded Fldigi last evening and did not see this happen. What really is has me stumped is it only happens with RTTY and none of the other digital modes. 73's << John
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    John, that ay be the problem. I have HRD setup here with the 6700 and I have no issues. I am using the com port. As I mentioned before, I recall having issues when NOT using the com port and I also remember others (non-flex users) complaining about the same thing until they switched over to using a com port. I also seem to think this was a known issue with HRD. Don
  • John
    John Member
    edited November 2013
    I will surely switch the PTT to a comport and see if that solves the problem. Thanks for the input. 73's << John

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.