some qustion on the 6600m

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
hi 
i have some question is there possibility  to add Maestro to the 6600M ?
 i cant see the transceiver  will have compatible leg or angel on the front ?
why flex not doing it flexible what i mean you can remove the front with cable or non cable to your 
operation table and can plug it back if you like one unit ?
but for sure i cant see any leg on the front that cant tilt the radio in any position 
73 elan g0uut
Photo of elan

elan

• 140 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 809 Posts
  • 172 Reply Likes
Since the 6600M hooks to your network, it should work with a Maestro connected to the network. But, if you don't want a radio with an intergrated panel, get a 6600 non M model and use it with a Maestro like you would with a 6300, 6400, 6500 or 6700. The M model radios are supposed to have feet or a bail.of some sort on the front underside of the radio to allow tilting the front of the radio upwards for a better viewing angle.

James

WD5GWY
(Edited)
Photo of elan

elan

• 140 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
hi James 
and thank you very much for the info  yes for sure i know there is 2 model 
why ? you can just add may be the clip on clip off and insert the front panel with plastic cover 
what i was thinking is if you like to add the Maestro you buy 6600m and for sure you can clip on or off  
the unit but okay i see the point okay vy 73 
elan g0uut/4z4un/dl9fcc 
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 1706 Posts
  • 437 Reply Likes
The front of the 6600M is not a Maestro, but it shares the same controls. In order for the front panel to be removed it would need to communicate with the radio some how. this would be a completely different product then what is being offered.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 8300 Posts
  • 3095 Reply Likes
Official Response
All FLEX-6000M models will work in "native" mode where you use the front panel controls.  Or you can use a GUI clients (SmartSDR for Windows, SmartSDR for iOS or Maestro) to control the radio.

All FLEX-6000M models have front feet flip extenders to provide an upwards tilt for better viewing of the front panel.

All FLEX-6000M models are fixed configuration.  If you need a portable control surface,m you can use the Maestro.
(Edited)