Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Sold my Flex6300 V2

Jean Drolet
Jean Drolet Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I sold my Flex6300 with SamrtSDR version 2, if I erase my radio by pressing the button for a long time. Will the new owner be able to reinstall SmartSDR version 2.?

Should we make a transfer

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    The software license is in the radio permanently.  A factory reset will not remove the license.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    SmartSDR is tied to radio SN. Doing a factory reset will not erase 2.0. There is no need to do a transfer. Mack W4AX Alpha Team
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Doing the "Factory Reset" won't uninstall the software in the radio.  It erases the stored Profiles and Persistence data.  It also doesn't erase some of the radio settings, such as Network preferences (DHCP v. Static, etc.).

The SmartSDR Version 2 license stays with the radio.  The new owner can install whatever version of the software he prefers (V1 or V2) and the radio will be updated to that version.  He should take the time to look through all of the radio Settings to be sure they are what he would like.  If you sent the radio to him in the "Factory Reset" state, then he won't be able to restore or use your profiles.

• Jean Drolet
    Jean Drolet Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thank you Tim, Please send your Flex6660M to Canada quickly I have no flex in 3 days
  • GARRY
    GARRY Member
    edited February 2018
    I just sold my Flex 6500 and Maestro What is the best way to clear both of them out and still leave the new 2,0  in tack
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    Start the radio and open Settings->Radio setup.  In the radio tab, remove and nicknames and calls that are unique to you.

Power off the radio. Power back on and hold the power button until it flashes white.  This will reset the databases back to the factory defaults.

That is it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.