Sold my Flex6300 V2

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Answered
I sold my Flex6300 with SamrtSDR version 2, if I erase my radio by pressing the button for a long time. Will the new owner be able to reinstall SmartSDR version 2.?

Should we make a transfer
Photo of Jean Drolet

Jean Drolet

• 73 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9152 Posts
  • 3471 Reply Likes
The software license is in the radio permanently.  A factory reset will not remove the license.
Photo of Jean Drolet

Jean Drolet

• 73 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Thank you Tim, Please send your Flex6660M to Canada quickly I have no flex in 3 days
Photo of GARRY

GARRY

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just sold my Flex 6500 and Maestro What is the best way to clear both of them out and still leave the new 2,0  in tack
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9152 Posts
  • 3471 Reply Likes
Start the radio and open Settings->Radio setup.  In the radio tab, remove and nicknames and calls that are unique to you.

Power off the radio. Power back on and hold the power button until it flashes white.  This will reset the databases back to the factory defaults.

That is it.
Photo of Mack McCormick

Mack McCormick, Elmer

• 318 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
SmartSDR is tied to radio SN. Doing a factory reset will not erase 2.0. There is no need to do a transfer.

Mack
W4AX
Alpha Team
Photo of NX6D Dave

NX6D Dave

• 302 Posts
  • 89 Reply Likes
Doing the "Factory Reset" won't uninstall the software in the radio.  It erases the stored Profiles and Persistence data.  It also doesn't erase some of the radio settings, such as Network preferences (DHCP v. Static, etc.).

The SmartSDR Version 2 license stays with the radio.  The new owner can install whatever version of the software he prefers (V1 or V2) and the radio will be updated to that version.  He should take the time to look through all of the radio Settings to be sure they are what he would like.  If you sent the radio to him in the "Factory Reset" state, then he won't be able to restore or use your profiles.