Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Software Manual Access

Ken Davis
Ken Davis Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in New Ideas
Make the software and hardware pdf manuals accessible from the Help tab. Put these files in every update of SSDR and put a link on the Help tab. Maybe more will then read the manuals.
4 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Nah, not reading the manual is almost a law of nature! 8^)
  • Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Best way is just a button in the help/about menu which opens a hyper-link which opens the *current* manual online. Most decent software already does this: HRD, N1MM+, DDUTIL, LOG4OM etc. etc.

Simples!
  • Ken Davis
    Ken Davis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Michael - that's funny Steve - Exactly. You said it a lot better than I did. I bet even Michale would at least open it to look at the pictures. Hihi
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I guess we are indecent.
  • Ken Davis
    Ken Davis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Tim - What I meant in my comment was how Steve described the access was a great way to say what I was saying. I think the manuals are two of the best help documents available for any software or hardware. Sorry for any ill feelings.
  • Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Tim, in British English language decent and indecent are not simple reciprocal adjectives!

decent, adjective: conforming with generally accepted standards of respectable or moral behaviour. Synonyms: satisfactoryreasonablefairacceptableadequatesufficient, sufficiently good, good enough, ample, up to scratch, up to the mark, up to standard, up to par, competent, not bad, all rightaveragetolerablepassablesuitable;

indecent, adjective: not conforming with generally accepted behaviour, especially in relation to sexual matters. Synonyms:obscenedirtyfilthyrudecoarse****grosscrude****lewd****risqué,salaciouswickedimproperindelicateunseemlyimpure****spicyrawoff colourribaldRabelaisianlasciviouslicentious

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Steve - You missed my sarcasm.  I grew up with Brittish expats and know the language variations and most slang very well.  I felt your characterization of our products being unsatisfactory, inadequate, insufficient, not sufficiently good (all antonyms of "decent") just because of an omission of a minor feature such as a URL to the online doc was a little extreme.  Hence my "indecent" comment.

In general, it is usually best not to slag off, mate if you are wanting to get at new feature added to the software (see how I worked in a little Brittish slang, there ;-).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.