Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Software Defined Radio Academy 2016

KY6LA_Howard
KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Dear lists, the SDRA-2016 is right ahead! Next Saturday, 25.06. the SDRA will be hosted as a subconference to the big HAMRADIO conference at Friedrichshafen trade fair. The SDRA will be hosted in the room "BERLIN" in the east part of the conference center and talks will start at 10:00 hrs. Please check the details at: http://www.sdra-2016.de/ Here is the programme: 1000-1010 Introduction Prof. Dr. Michael Hartje, DK5HH and Markus Heller, DL8RDS 1010-1040 From my Microphone to the Ether – An example-based introduction to SDR Marcus Müller, ETTUS 1040-1105 An update on the mcHF SDR Transceiver and Microwave SDR David Minchin, VK5KK 1105-1130 Debunking Direct Sampling Receiver Performance Myths Gerald Youngblood, K5SDR, FLEXRADIO 1130-1155 Red Pitaya - Measurement device and emulation of SDR-Transceivers Prof. Dr. Michael Hartje, DK5HH, Univ. of Appl. Sciences Bremen 1155-1340 OpenHPSDR John Melton, G0ORX/N6LYT: Stand-alone HPSDR Transceiver using low-cost processors Phil Harman, VK6PH: Direct Fourier Conversion (DFC) – An alternative architecture for Software Defined Radios. Dr. Warren C. Pratt, NR0V: Advanced Algorithms for Noise Blanking and Noise Reduction Adam Farson, VA7OJ/AB4OJ: Evaluating Digital Receivers 1340-1425 Lunch break 1425-1450 Signal Intelligence with Software Defined Radio Sebastian Müller, Univ. Karlsruhe 1450-1515 OPEN matters! A critical perspective on proprietary systems Frank Werner-Krippendorf, HB9FXQ 1515-1540 SDR in Contest Practice Prof. Dr. Harald Gerlach, DL2SAX, Univ of Appl. Sciences Neu-Ulm 1540-1605 GQRX as a Graphical Frontend for Digital Receivers Bastian Blössl, DF1BBL, Univ. Paderborn 1605-1630 Recent work on OpenWebRX and csdr András Retzler, HA7ILM, Univ. Budapest 1630-1655 Reversing digital signals with inspectrum Mike Walters 1655-1720 The Panoradio: A wideband direct sampling SDR with 250 Msps Stefan Scholl, DC9ST, Univ. Kaiserslautern 1720-1745 TBD Chris Kuethe, KJ6GVE 1745-1800 Summary and Outlook <<<<< There is no special registration for the SDRA, the HAMRADIO ticket will let you in. We will have ~150 seats in the room. After the SDRA, we will walk over to the big HAM NIGHT party. I'm looking forward to see you all! best regards / markus dl8rds

Comments

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Too Bad Dayton never has anything close to this high caliber conference
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016

I was going to say the same thing. Of course, as with everything else going on in this country, the "dumbing down of hams" is just a natural off-shoot of the prevailing thinking. I wish I could attend to listen to that wealth of knowledge that is presented.

Jim, K6QE

• G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    This looks really interesting and I shall certainly attend some of the sessions - especially Gerald's of course!!  What is not clear is which ones are in English and which in German!

David G4NRT
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Any chance it will be recorded?
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I wish Dayton had more presentations like this as well. However, only 150 seats? Guess SRO!
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    It is supposed to be recorded and published
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I will publish YouTube links to the various talks as soon as they are available.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Here is the YouTube link from last years 2015 SDR ACADEMY at Friedrichshafen https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1GAlgAQrkjeeLmIkCB8pgQ The video is a bit choppy but for 2016 it will be professionally produced.
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Howard, will you be attending?

Tim VE6SH
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Unfortunately (or fortunately). I am stuck in Provence France babysitting grandkids this week so I have to miss it this year. Told my XYL to plan grandkids next year so they do not conflict with Friedrichshafen 2017. As you probably know Friedrichshafen is an order of magnitude higher quality show than that 3rd World pigsty called Dayton.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Howard, no problem. They have at Ham fair a kinder garden. Bring the kids - Your welcome  - and it's never to early learn kids Ham Radio :-)
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Well I would be hard pressed not to swap F'hafen with Provence either! As you may recall, when I ran into you last year you convinced me to go with the 6700 (a correct choice as it turned out). F'hafen is in July next year which unfortunately will be a conflict for me. 

Tim VE6SH
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I only wish it were so easy BTW. I started him young' image
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Probably me too as we are only in Provence in June and September And La Jolla in July and August. Yes. I recall convincing you that you would be happier with the 6700.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Great! First steps are done - your on the right way grandpa ! You can pre order a Flex 7000
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Friedrichshafen July 14-16, 2017. Not a great time to be in Europe (Except Paris on Bastille Day) with wall to wall tourists cluttering up everything. It is also the time of the Seefest in Friedrichshafen so rooms will be extremely hard to find. I will also definitely skip 2017 Hope they get more convenient dates for 2018.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I wish most of the talks were in print, for studying. That is one thing missing in radio, good papers on subjects.
    I told my ham club I would be willing to give a talk about SDR tech VS conventional radios.
    But I do not have the back ground to do a good job. I need something that explains in a way that all the members could understand.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I have published a number of print PDF and Powepoints on that subject. Search SDR-101 on this community for links.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.