Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Softether VPN server-to-server

Lasse Moell
Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Spent the evening configuring my laptop to act as a bridge for the Maestro. Everything is working nicely after I realised I had to stop the Softether client first. Now, running the server in bridge mode, I loose the ability to have the computer on the same sub-net as Maestro and the other end with radio. This means I cannot have any web-based switches nor can I turn the radio on or off remotely. So far the only solution I have is to go back and forth between client and server on lap-top. Or use a R-Pi frontend, which is not conveniant if I have to enter p/w every time I access internet. Is there a way to have both lap-top and Maestro on the same sub-net just by setting up the lap-top in a smart way?

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    That's weird. You have it setup as a cascade connection? I should try that on a laptop and see if I'm able to connect locally.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I have not had this issue, but I am trying to figure out why.  I know I have seen what you have in another installation, and I solved it, but I can't think of how.  It might have been buried in the bridging area.

The test to see if it fails is to bridge into the connection and then see if you can ping the Softether server on the same subnet.  You should be able to.

Let me chew on this for a day or so.

Mike va3mw

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.