SO2V RTTY with N1MM+ on 6600

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
    I have a single antenna, so cannot do SO2R. I am unable to get my SO2V setup to TX on slice B with my present N1MM+ setup. I need help properly setting up slice B so it can TX. Using v2.4.9 and very recent version of N1MM+. I've spent a lot of time with articles in the community, but none seem to address this specifically and in detail. I've also read the N1MM+ wiki on SO2V w/o finding a solution there. Would really appreciate a reply from someone able to provide detailed instructions for a working installation. Spent lots of contest hours working SO2V with the K3. Would like to have this capability with the 6600. Larry, K4KGG
Photo of Lawrence Libsch

Lawrence Libsch

• 13 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Michael Walker

Michael Walker, Official Rep

• 829 Posts
  • 235 Reply Likes
Hi Larry

I only have a moment, but why not set up your 6600 as SO2R?  

You will need to set up CAT port for both A and B slices and then in N1MM set those as 2 unique radios.

See if this document helps you out:  https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/flex-6700-so2r-configuration-n1mm/

Even though it says Flex 6700, the setup is identical.

Mike 
Photo of Cosmos (Alan KB5CUS)

Cosmos (Alan KB5CUS)

• 23 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
That's what I ended up doing,,,  setting up as SO2R, MMTTY, & N1NM...  I had Hell trying to do So2V...

Photo of Lawrence Libsch

Lawrence Libsch

• 13 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Mike, Cosmos,

Thanks very much for your replies.

If I don't have a second antenna, how do I prevent transmitting into my radio with SO2R?

Larry, K4KGG

Photo of Michael Walker

Michael Walker, Official Rep

• 829 Posts
  • 235 Reply Likes
Just continue to use Ant 1 for the 2nd Slice.  
Photo of Lawrence Libsch

Lawrence Libsch

• 13 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Larry, K4KGG