Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SO2R with N1MM+ and 6300?

Andrew O'Brien
Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I read through some old posts about N1MM+ and SO2R with a 6300.  I'm a bit confused by some posts suggesting it was possible and other suggesting  SSDR did not support it (and some distinguishing between SO2V and SO2R support).   My interest is in the set-up within N1MM+  .  My first attempt results in N1MM entry windows that has the frequency infomation from Slice A in both entry windows.
Andy K3UK

Answers

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/so2r-mode-with-n1mm-for-the-flex-6700-how-to-guide-pdf/

I understand that one is for the 6700 but I am sure it will provide a lot of the information you are looking for.

• Andrew O'Brien
    edited September 2016
    I read that, and followed the examples but I still get the same frequency for both entry windows.

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Are you selecting SO2R or SO2V?

• Andrew O'Brien
    edited September 2016
    SO2R
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    If using SO2R make sure N1MM is pointing at each CAT com port you have created for each slice. Like using 2 radios.

What it used to happened is that you couldn't do SO2V, but I believe the latest version of CAT (1.9.7) allows for that. Not a big issue as you could use it as SO2R just the same.

If you have created the virtual com ports in SmartSDR CAT and pointed those COM ports in N1MM you should be reading CAT information from each slice.

Like this

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited September 2016
    Thanks VERY much .  I have it working now.  My mistake was in NOT configuring DAX Control for the different slices.  All working well now.. in plenty of time for a contest next weekend.

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    You are welcome! Good luck in the contest!
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    DAX shouldn't affect CAT at all.....

This is what mine looks like after I enable both WinKeyer and OTRSP under SmartSDR CAT

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    the 6300 will not be in full SO2R.  But it will be in a pseudo SO2R if you set up in accordance with this documenation.  With its single SCU it will not be in full duplex so you will not be actively receiving on slice 2 when transmitting on slice 1.  But just that capability will give you band awareness, and the ability to move quickly and an edge up.  GL in the contest.
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited September 2016
    Thanks Chris, the  inability to receive on slice two while transmitting on slice 1 will not be a deal breaker for me.  It will be helpful to my brain.
    Andy K3UK
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    It's more like SO2V which is still useful. True SO2R allows you to tune across another band looking for mults while calling CQ on your run band. This is why being able to hear while transmitting would be helpful. 
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I can't get SO2V to work on mine though.....
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    For flex signature series radios, you have to set it up as SO2R but it will operate like SO2V. 
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Salvador...  you should be able to get the normal SO2V workflow in N1MM by creating a CAT port in SSDR Cat and set the frequency Split mode to SO2V.  see attached screen shot.  this will allow the port to pass band data for the 2 so2v slices properly

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I thought so too, but it doesn't for me.

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Im going to need to try and duplicate this...  If its not working I am going to have to let the programming team know on the alpha list.  Can you send me a shot of your ports screen in N1MM?
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    If I use SO2R it works ok using the settings I have posted above.
    This is for SO2V only.

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    And, of course, I have the Flex radio ON with both Slice A and Slice B opened and available.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I have forwarded this thread to the alpha list for bug track and remediation.  thanks for the heads up..
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Thanks!
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    In SmartSDR CAT, if you click on the COM9 SO2V port and click Log and send FT1, does it start working?  If that doesn't work, what about ZZSW1?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.