SO2R with N1MM+ and 6300?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I read through some old posts about N1MM+ and SO2R with a 6300.  I'm a bit confused by some posts suggesting it was possible and other suggesting  SSDR did not support it (and some distinguishing between SO2V and SO2R support).   My interest is in the set-up within N1MM+  .  My first attempt results in N1MM entry windows that has the frequency infomation from Slice A in both entry windows.
Andy K3UK
Photo of Andrew O'Brien

Andrew O'Brien

• 381 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador

EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador

• 1758 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Official Response
If using SO2R make sure N1MM is pointing at each CAT com port you have created for each slice. Like using 2 radios.

What it used to happened is that you couldn't do SO2V, but I believe the latest version of CAT (1.9.7) allows for that. Not a big issue as you could use it as SO2R just the same.

If you have created the virtual com ports in SmartSDR CAT and pointed those COM ports in N1MM you should be reading CAT information from each slice.

Like this

Photo of Chris Tate  - N6WM

Chris Tate - N6WM, Elmer

• 808 Posts
  • 217 Reply Likes
Official Response
Salvador...  you should be able to get the normal SO2V workflow in N1MM by creating a CAT port in SSDR Cat and set the frequency Split mode to SO2V.  see attached screen shot.  this will allow the port to pass band data for the 2 so2v slices properly