Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SO2R profile question

W5AP
W5AP Member
When operating SO2R RTTY using N1MM+ to switch slices in "dueling cq" mode, each time the radio switches slices, the MONitor function has to be manually pressed to hear the transmit monitor. I would like to know if there is a way to set up profiles to retain the MON on for each slice/band. I've tried saving profiles for mic,transmit, and global with no success.  

Answers

• Jamie WW3S
    Jamie WW3S Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    seeing the same thing here....however.....if I manually click F1 in Radio2 and then manually click F1 in Radio1, it works....but setting for dueling CQs, or using the CTRL-Fkey function (my preferred method) does not....
  • Jamie WW3S
    Jamie WW3S Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    more info.....if I set for dueling CQ, and start on R1, R1 calls CQ, it switches to R2, but nothing is transmitted, nor anything coming out of the monitor.....if I start on R2, R2 sends cq fine, it switches to R1, which goes out fine, but then when it switches back to R2, nothing goes out....

• Jamie WW3S
    Jamie WW3S Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    yet more info......if R1 is transmitting, and you go to R2 to interrupt the transmission and send, nothing goes out......but if R2 is transmitting, and you go to R1 to interrupt and send, it works.....

• Jamie WW3S
    Jamie WW3S Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    any thoughts on this problem? 
  • W5AP
    W5AP Member
    edited February 2019
    Jamie
    I got it working (MON wking on both slices when N1MM switches while in SO2R dueling cq
    I'm not sure why or how, but I think what I did was set both Mic and Transmit profile to SO2R default and touching slice A freq on my 6600M, pressing TX MENU (center control of MIC/SPEED-PWR control) highlighting MON -on, then doing the same thing to slice B freq and saving the global profile. I think you have to do this to all combinations of duel freqs....ie saving a profile as 20m-40m or 40-80 and so on. Before I was switching slices with N1MM and trying to save the profiles in the same way, but switching, setting MON on with the 6600M worked. hope this helps 73, Jim
  • Jamie WW3S
    Jamie WW3S Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Thanks.....I'll try to figure it out.....I would have thought a global profile was global, but then again, theres obviously  a difference between what I think is logical and common sense, and what the programmers thought was logical and common sense...
  • Jamie WW3S
    Jamie WW3S Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    tried your suggestion Jim....not sure how to get my SO2R profile in the selection box....only ones there are Default, SO2R_TX1 and SO2R_TX2...strange thing is, it works if I click the F keys....I can manually duel CQ if you will.....if I start on the B side, B sends, then A sends, but if it switches back to B, nothing is sent, even thoug the text is displayed in the digi window....when it goes back to A, it gets sent.....if I look at the DAX window, the audio is there when B transmits....and I can follow the lights on the Maestro, TX switchs to B and MOX is invoked, but why no audio goes out is beyond me....
  • Jamie WW3S
    Jamie WW3S Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Jim, maybe you can answer this one for me.....played around in the practice session tonight to try to work out the bugs.....the non focus slice keeps muting.....it displays the speaker with the line thru it, if I turn the volume up, it unmutes, but then the next transmission on the other slice mutes it again, no matter whether a to b or b to a......

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    hit the tilde key (~) to keep audio on both slices and prevent mute
  • Jamie WW3S
    Jamie WW3S Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    thanks you Chris....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.