Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SO2R and SteppIR control

Options
W5AP
W5AP Member
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
How do I keep the SDA 100 SteppIR controller focused on only slice A - when doing dueling cq
to prevent tuning on the other slice frequency when the radio switches focus?
Would turning off Auto switch in the Smart SDR CAT accomplish?

Answers

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    i have mine set as: Settings-USB Cables-Steppir-Edit-Source-TX Antenna

Sergey, KN7K
  • W5AP
    W5AP Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    In dueling CQ with seperate antennas for radio A & B, won't that send the TX freq at the moment to the SteppIR?

Tnx, Jim - W5AP
  • Hunter - K3IE
    Hunter - K3IE Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Jim,

My SO2R setup has my DB-18 setup as Ant 1 and always on Slice A.  The DB-18 tracks Slice A in the USB Cable Setup.  My Ant 2 is always on Slice B and connected to an Ameritron RCS-4 coax switch comprised of my 5 Band Hex Beam, 40 meter Moxon, 80 and 160 Inv L's.  It automatically tracks Slice B via a USB Relay board via Bit format in the Flex USB Cable Interface.

This setup keeps my DB-18 focused on Slice A at all times. 

Eventually, I hope to upgrade to a 4O3A ant box.

FWIW - Hunter K3IE

• Warren-K6WKW
    Warren-K6WKW Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Set the USB cable selections in the Flex to "Slice A".
    Warren - K6WKW
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Sergey is right.  best is to use the USB cable, direct connect to the flex USB interace, and have the steppir track the slice/antenna that you use for the SteppIR.  I use this method as well.  Keep in mind that multiflex and V3 can complicate this so make sure you do some testing with your particular environment.  the multiflex issues are not a problem with 2.51
  • W5AP
    W5AP Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    That makes sense, but in SO2R,  I've set up every possible combination of USB BCD CAT source and antenna enabled or disabled and the SteppIR always starts to tune to the active slice. The AntennaGenius has the correct antenna selections and the swr is always good as long as the antenna A (connected to the Steppir is not tuning) I'm using PstRotator with communication set to the 6600M port. So maybe I need to configure the PstRotator differently.   Still trying to get the SteppIR to not tune to the active slice and stay put on slice A.     Thanks jim
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    What version of SSDR are you using?  I have used a steppIRupper band / and a static low band vertical combination and do not encounter this after I have everything dialed in...
  • W5AP
    W5AP Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I think I have a solution

I quit using the PstRotator with communication set to the "Flex-6000 com port XX of the 6600M" and instead, am using the PstRotator SteppIR Controller window to use Omni-Rig with the appropriate cat port as set up in SDR CAT to Omni-Rig. Now the antenna remains on the appropriate antenna as selected by the SO2R Antenna Genius and the SteppIR continues to tune as slice A is tuned and not jump to the other band when switched by N1MM.   Yeah.

Hope this helps others in SO2R 
    Thanks to all who responded.
    73, Jim - W5AP
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Jim,
    I use my Steppir with 6600 and AG 8x2, and as I said above, Steppir would not tune on another slice until you enable TX on that slice - Settings-USB Cables-Steppir-Edit-Source-TX Antenna

Sergey, KN7K
  • W5AP
    W5AP Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I think that wouldn't work for me
    I am using SDR v3.0.27.131 

I do have it working as I wished.   And it was the changes in PstRotator (going to Omni-rig) that I think straightned it out (I think)    So maybe the was PstRotator was getting the 6600M data with a Comm/Flex 6000 com port setup was causing the behavior??? Anyway all is well

Tnx, Jim,W5AP

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.