So how do you dim the Flex Swoosh icon?

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
So in one of Gerald's messages he said the non M radios will have a swoosh icon you can dim.  I have been looking through the manuals and can't seem to find it. I am curious how this is done?

I am downgrading my 6600m to a 6600 and as far as I know that is the only thing different on the non M radio but I have found no documentation in the hardware references.

Rich
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1050 Posts
  • 222 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Kevin - KS0CW

Kevin - KS0CW

• 89 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Its found on the radio tab in radio setup, and it's called flex6600 backlight.
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1050 Posts
  • 222 Reply Likes
OK so is a SmartSDR setting. It must only show up when you have a non M radio connected.

Thanks Kevin.

Rich
Photo of KC2QMA_John

KC2QMA_John

• 559 Posts
  • 193 Reply Likes

I think you just mount a picture of your pet to the front of the radio to dim the light ;)
Or

You can order the optional Swoosh Dimming Kit (SDK6K) for $125. Easy to install, its just a piece of duct tape that you stick on the radio it even has the flex radio logo on it. ;)
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1050 Posts
  • 222 Reply Likes
Well that's going to be a problem as duct tape is outlawed in our house. The wife would try it fix everything with it if it wasn't :)
Photo of KC2QMA_John

KC2QMA_John

• 559 Posts
  • 193 Reply Likes
I misspoke when I said the Dimming Kit was for sale, the duct tape is still in beta ;)
Photo of Clay N9IO

Clay N9IO

• 538 Posts
  • 124 Reply Likes
I was looking for a big nasty potentiometer on the back.
Nah, the swash is really purdy, I like it...
(Edited)
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1050 Posts
  • 222 Reply Likes
I am not sure what I think about it yet. Will see it when gets here. I will likely tone it down a little or shut it off :)