Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Snap out panels not keeping focus for CWX

Rich McCabe
Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Just noticed when using a snap out panafall  it does not keep focus so I can use the Function keys on CWX panel.  The CWX snapped out keeps focus but if you have the snap-out panafall active CWX wont active with F1,F2, etc.

Rich

Comments

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Not sure what you are describing,, a picture would help..
    Robert
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Can't really capture app focus (or lack of) with a picture. But to be able to type in application or use function keys the app needs to have focus. If you have SmartSDR clicked then you can use the function keys. If you snap out a panafall and have it clicked/selected and working with it the CWX function keys do not work. So the snap out items need to maintain application focus just like the main app.
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    hey rich

Does the snap out panel actually the panel with TX enabled. Just wondering if cwx stays focused with the panel with TX enabled. so maybe  cwx doesnt work unless you make the TX panel the actual active panel. 

this is just a guess on my part...i havent tried it yet with my 6600M

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Yep the only two slices were in it and I was operating chasing 3c0w with slice B as TX. If I do anything in the snapped out panafall I can't use the CWX function keys. I need to click the CWX panel or main SSDR app to get it to work. Rich
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    For anyone reading this, Flex responded to a HelpDesk ticket and said that this is a known software issue. So hopefully it will be resolved soon.
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    This sounds like a windows thing where the window that has focus receives the keyboard clicks. As has been said above, if you click into the pan then it receives the keyboard clicks. If you were expecting the CWX panel to always receive the keyboard clicks [when active on the display] then no other app could receive keyboard clicks. 
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I am not expecting the CWX panel to "receive clicks" when other applications are active, but I would expect it to have focus when working with other snap out windows in SSDR.  As I said below, Flex has determined its a software issue/bug.
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Okay, understand.. yes I have run into this myself. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2018
    This is Issue #6133 in the bug tracker.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.