Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v1.2.1 running HRD v6.1.4 UPDATE

Ernest - W4EG
Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows

Now that I have been running both of these programs for the last few days, the only thing I can say is, fantastic combination.

Thank you Flex and HRD for the software.

Comments

• G4YDO
    G4YDO Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    What's the benefits of running HAD!?
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    One benefit is the very nice integration of the Logbook, the DX Cluster and the DM780 digital mode programs.
  • G4YDO
    G4YDO Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Yes i run hrd logbook, dm780 and the cluster without running the main hrd programme
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015

I run HRD with the exception of the radio.  I use the SmartSDR radio and Smart CAT. 

I control my rotor, DM-780 logbook, cluster, and the digital modes that I like run. In other words it's all inclusive without the need to interface other software and their problems.

• Jim Bryce W5HFS
    Jim Bryce W5HFS Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for confirming my understanding of how to use HRD with SmartSDR. While DM-780, logbook, and rotator control from HRD all provide well integrated functionality I have not seen any reason to run the HRD radio console; it fact, it seems to me that there is some loss in usability. Is this the understanding of others using HRD with SmartSDR, or have some found advantages?
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015

Personally, I do not like the looks of the radio console.  Too dark (I know that it can be change.) 

I my mind, it is just UGGLY and that is ugly than ugly! 

The HRD Radio Console is setup is for the rice boxes from overseas.

Needless to say; NO I DO NOT USE IT!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.