Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR Locks Up

Options
DonS
DonS Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in
If I open two slice receivers on a single slice with one (B) at 7.020mhz and the other (A) at 7.170 mhz and set the first to cw and the second to lsb then go in and adjust the AGC-T and set (B) active and enable TX and then return to (A) none of the options work on the (A) receiver other than making it the active receiver. I have reproduced this each time I try it. If I **** the (A) slice receiver I lose both receivers. I am able to reactivate the slice rx most of the time otherwise I have to power down SmartSDR and do the same with the 6700. I am using 16.4 running on an iMAC with Parallels using Win 7 Pro.

Comments

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I should add that for whatever reason cw would not work with the external keyer after the SmartSDR locked up. It was almost as if the system ignored that input, when Iambic was non-selected, however, it did work with the key plugged directly into the key jack and Iambic enabled.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Don, I have added this to the developer's bug tracker for further investigation.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Is this still happening after an upgrade to SmartSDR v1.0.0?
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    After I set it up as described in the previous message and go back to the A slice everything is frozen. I can enable the A slice, however everything else is locked. I cannot enable TX on A. I did have speaker selected on A so I see the AGC-T, etc but cannot change any settings. The only thing that seems to work is that I can select the blue Ant 1 and get the drop down and change it and change it back.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    If I change the frequency on the A slice by double clicking to a new frequency then the A slice control becomes active again until I go back to the B slice and then return back to the A slice then the A slice freezes up again.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    If I **** the A slice, it also kills the B slice so when I start a new slice it comes back as the A slice then I start a second slice and I get the same problem as I previously described.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    V1.0.0
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Don, I have confirmed this a a software defect and have entered it into our bug tracker for resolution. This was a good catch! Thanks for the feedback.