Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR Client v1.2.1.49 Crash

W1RE
W1RE Member
edited October 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows

Hi,

I am running a Flex 6700 with SmartSDR 1.2.1. I had 8 pan adapters with 8 Slices open and was streaming 4 DAX IQ channels at a sample rate of 96000.  I also had SDR Bridge open.

The client shutdown without warning (I wasn't 'doing' anything at the time it was just running in the background) so I went in the eventvwr application log and found the following entries:

Hope this help determine the problem.

- Bob,. W1RE

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2018
    Bob - thanks for the report and the error screen shots.  I have entered this into our bug tracker.  If there is any additional information you can provide about the reproducibility of the crash, that would be helpful.
  • W1RE
    W1RE Member
    edited May 2014

Thanks Tim. I had a couple of these SSDR Client Crashes yesterday. They appear to me to be random - i.e. I wasn't actively changing or doing anything when they occurred - I just had SSDR running in the background and looked up and it had shut down.

I looked for a mini dump file but none was written.

I should mention I am running SSDR 1.2.1 with 8 pans, 8 slices and 4 IQ DAX streams at 96000 bps. So I am running 'full bore' as they say... My computer has plenty of HW resources (both CPU and memory) so that should not be a problem.

• W1RE
    W1RE Member
    edited May 2014

Hi Tim,

I just got another 'SmartSDR has stopped working' message. I am attaching a screenshot (it's big). Same as before I wasn't actively doing anything - just letting the 8 pans and slices run).

Please let me know if I can assist in getting you additional info to determine what's wrong.

Thanksimage

• Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Does this happen is SDR-Bridge is not running?
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    SDR-Bridge does have a connection to the SmartSDR process. It gets to the radio through FlexLib independently. The scenario of running multiple slices, panadapters, and Skimmers does stress the system as a whole.

73 Ed W2RF
  • W1RE
    W1RE Member
    edited October 2018
    and to confirm that thesis - I just had another SmartSDR has stopped responding client crash without SDR Bridge, Skimmer, or any logger running.  Just SSDR with 8 open pans and 8 slices & 4 IQDAX streams at 96000 bps.
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    My system may be somewhat immune to this sort of problem because I run SmartSDR on one machine (a Surface) and everything else on another (a quad core).
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    OK.  I have added this to the bug report.  Thanks for the additional info.
  • W1RE
    W1RE Member
    edited May 2014

Tim,

I would like to withdraw this bug report. I had built a new system for SmartSDR and associated apps and found I had a HW issue that appears to be the root cause for this (and a few other) unexplained crashes.  I have resolved the HW issues and SmartSDR is now running well with 8 pan adapters and 8 slice receivers, plus SDR Bridge and CW Skimmer without any crashes for several days.  I also confirmed it is working on a totally separate system, so I have so I am confident this was a red herring.

Thanks,

- Bob

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.