Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSdr Cat Should not depend on finding a 6xxx radio

Options
Steven Greenbaum
Steven Greenbaum Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have both a 5000 and 6500 and use them both for digital modes. I was hoping that I could do away with vspmgr for creating virtual com ports, but since the com ports created by SmartSdr Cat are only created when a 6xxx radio is found it adds an extra step to setting up my 5000 and if the 6xxx is down makes setting up com ports impossible. I would suggest that SmartSdr Cat should create any port pairs not dependent on the 6xxx radio when it is started, and if a 6xxx radio is found at startup or later create the additional ports. At this moment I will have to keep using vspmgr so I can have ports independent of the 6xxx being powered up. Thanks..... Steve

Comments

• Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Vspmgr seems to work well with DDutil Vs. 3 with both the 5000 and 6000. So until SmartCat becomes independent, you should be OK.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    SmartSDR CAT is so easy to use and configure, I would love to be able to use it with my Flex-6500 when I am not using my 6500.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.