Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR CAT not installing - getting the "installer was interrupted before..." msg.

Ed_NZ1Q
Ed_NZ1Q Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

A much faster PC arrived at the shack yesterday, but a bit older. Pentium D (dual core circa 2005-2008) running Win 7 64bit Home premium, with 2GB ram, Radeon 6600 video card. Unfortunately, since this pc was given to me as is, I don't know its history. Nothing was loaded on the machine except Viper antivirus software. All software is updated.

I've successfully loaded SmartSDR CAT on 5 other machines (XP to WIN 7) and did not encoulter "The installer was interrupted before SmartSDR CAT could be installed"  problem.  This is also the error msg in and a similar issue  to an earlier thread:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/smartsdr_cat_will_not_install?topic-reply-list%5Bse...

However, in my case I had never installed SmartSDR CAT before so there was nothing to uninstall. I just got this error screen on the first attempt.

I have tried:

Many attempts to reload it over two days - same error msg.
Uninstalled SmartSDR and reloaded, no help.
Redownloaded the SmartSDR and CAT software - tried again.
Disabled all non Microsoft processes from running.
Disabled the firewall and antivirus SW.
Tried loading SmartSDR CAT in compatibility mode (right click - Troubleshoot Compatibility)

Any other suggestions? Has anyone else seen this?

Comments

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Cant understand: you spent a lot of money for a highend TRX - no money left for modern PC ?
  • Ed_NZ1Q
    Ed_NZ1Q Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Tnx Chris.  You're not married?
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Have you tried installing with Administrator privileges?
  • Ed_NZ1Q
    Ed_NZ1Q Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Ok, I double checked that. I'm in the Admin account.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Not just the Admin account, but with Admin privileges, too. #(*&(@! Windows.

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    I "ALWAYS" have this problem on my Win8 computer. Never happens on my Win7 systems. Running as admin.....etc. If I am lucky it may only take 50 attempts then out of nowhere...it installs. The last time I think took over 100 attempts. Unable to isolate the cause and not much help is available to resolve it. I dred updating that computer with each new version of SSDR/SmartCat but I have to. GL Greg
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have changed this post to a problem topic and converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.