Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR bug in "Radio Setup"

rfoust
rfoust Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR API
While looking for a way to clear out the existing callsign/name via the api (from another thread), I came across a crazy bug.

With SmartSDR running:

1) Click on the General tab
2) Enable "Nickname" as the active display.
3) Enter something into the Nickname field and hit "tab" (I see it send "radio name blah" to the radio)

4) Now, click on the "GPS" tab.
5) Click on the "Transmit" tab.
6) Click on the "CW" tab.

While monitoring network traffic, after I clicked on the "CW" tab, I see it send "radio name" to the radio (with no value after it), and the radio responds with the current value that I set earlier.  If I click back on the General tab, the name field is empty.

Nothing major, but ya never know if it points to a larger bug somewhere. :)

Thanks,

Robbie - KI4TTZ

Comments

• rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    btw, same thing happens if I reverse steps 4-5-6.  I'm able to reproduce it every time.

Thanks,

Robbie
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    DE1768
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the detailed report Robbie so we can reproduce the issue which is paramount in the ability to fix it.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    This is fixed in the latest internal version and will be included in the next release.  Thanks for reporting.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.