SmartSDR 1.2.1 Weirdness

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
Here's some issues I've seen today running SSDR 1.2.1 today:

1. Started the rig at around 9:00am and left it running WSPR on 20M on Slice A on the upper panadapter. The lower panadapter was also on 20M with Slice B open in the 20M phone band. I left the rig unattended (WSPR was set to 0% Tx fraction) for 3-1/2 hours. When I came back, WSPR was still decoding stations on the upper pan adapter. The lower panadapter showed signals in the waterfall, but not in the spectrum display, even for signals plenty strong enough to create what should have been a strong peak. When I tuned to these signals, I got no audio, just background static. I could tune slice B with the mouse wheel and FlexControl, but click tuning did nothing. Clicks on the panadapter were ignored. I closed the lower panadapter and tried to create a new one, but couldn't. The upper panadapter continued to decode WSPR stations.

If I hid the transmit panel, the spectrum trace on the remaining panadapter froze, but the waterfall continued to run. Unhiding the transmit panel caused the spectrum trace to resume.

I then exited SSDR and the audio did not stop. I started SSDR again and there were four panadapters on the screen, presumably because I clicked on the New Panadapter button several times before exiting SSDR prior to restarting it.

2. With the rig restored to its previous state (by restarting SSDR), I noticed that changing bands on the lower panadapter affects the waterfall on the upper panadapter. When the upper panadapter is on 20M, switching the lower panadapter from 15M to 10M will cause the waterfall on the upper panadapter to be completely erased. Switching the lower panadapter from 10M back to 15M will cause the upper panadapter's waterfall gain setting to increase temporarily and then revert to its original setting.
Photo of Jerry Gardner

Jerry Gardner

  • 36 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Jerry Gardner

Jerry Gardner

  • 36 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Here's something else I just noticed: If I try to adjust volume for a slice, either in the slice flag or in the Rx panel in the Tx Panel, the slider cannot be dragged unless the tool tip box is displayed showing the numerical value of the slider. This usually requires hovering over the slider button for a moment until the tool tip pops up and then dragging.
Photo of Jerry Gardner

Jerry Gardner

  • 36 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
It did it again after lunch. Same symptoms as before after leaving the rig and SSDR running unattended for a few hours. Had to kill SSDR and restart it to get audio back on Slice B. This issue seems be reproducible at will.
Photo of Drax

Drax

  • 99 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
I also have experienced this.